Posted on Tuesday, March 30th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 4458a554

Company: Fridigaire refrigerator - replacement lasted 10 months - original had 11 service calls, $ 1,700 in service and part charges

FRIDIGAIRE REFRIGERATOR

MY FIRST $500.00 FRIDIGAIRE REFRIGERATOR LASTED 10 MONTHS. STILL UNDER FULL WARRANTY, I CONTACTED SEARS HOME REPAIR. DURING THE NEXT 13 MONTHS SEARS CAME OUT AND CHARGED FRIDIGAIRE A TOTAL OF $1700.00 IN SERVICE AND PARTS ABOUT 11 TIMES, THEN THE FRIDIGAIRE WENT OUT AGAIN.

I CALLED FRIDIGARE. AFTER RED TAPE BACK AND FORTH I FINALLY GOT A REPLACEMENT. GUESS WHAT? HERE I AM 10 MONTHS LATER AND THE REPLACEMENT HAS GONE OUT!!!!

THEY DON'T EVEN LAST A YEAR! 5 SERVICEMEN HAVE COME AND GONE STILL CAN NOT FIX IT. I WILL TELL YOU I SMELL SOMETHING FISHY WITH THESE REPAIR COMPANIES SOMEONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIX THE UNIT THE FIRST TIME.

I THINK THEY ARE SENDING FRIDIGAIRE THE BILL BECAUSE THE UNIT STILL UNDER WARRANTY AND THEY WANT TO MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS THEY CAN. EACH REPAIRMAN SAYS THE PART THE GUY PUT ON BEFORE IS THE WRONG PART OR IT WAS PUT ON WRONG, BUT THEY STILL BILL FRIDIGAIRE!!

I NOTIFIED FRIDIGAIRE WHAT THE REPAIRMEN ARE DOING THEY SAID THEY WOULD "LOOK INTO IT".

STILL TRYING TO GET MY 2ND UNIT REPLACED. I HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS 3 YEARS NOW, THEY WILL ONLY REPLACE THE UNIT WITH ANOTHER FRIDIGAIRE-LIKE I WANT ONE??????? AND FORGET GETTING $$$$ BACK FOR ALL THE LOST FOOD!!

Shelley M

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //