Posted on Tuesday, March 30th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by af7a4f07

Company: 1996 Ford Grand Marquis - transmission and intake manifold failed at the same time - $4000 repair

1996 grand marquis intake manifold & transmission

ford motor co. detroit,I used to have a 96 mercury grand marquis; at less than 100,000 miles the transmission and intake manifold failed at the same time to the tune of about $4000.Ford motor company's rep admitted that it was "highly unusual" and that they were not going to do anything about it because the car was out of warranty.I asked if they would give me a discount on a new ford and they declined to do so.

I received a letter from the "customer relationship center"and it said that they "consider the satisfaction of their customers to be one of their most important objectives"and that they were "unable to provide any more assistance in this matter".Basically a polite go to hell letter.The dealership, ourisman ford in alexandria, VA was consistently was late with repairs.

They would be almost always at least 1-3 days late on their promise to get the car fixed and back to its owner.Idrove past the dealership and almost all of the mechanics were out back smoking and joking after they told me it would be another 2 days to get my car fixed and rental cars cost me an arm and a leg.After the repair was done sensors kept going out to the tune of $100 to $300 dollars a piece and you had to wait for them to fix it in the lobby or nothing would ever get done.

I had to get the car fixed because it would not trade in for anything and I still owed money on it.Bought a toyota after a lifetime of fords.This has virtually financially ruined me and I feel like ford took advantage of someone who they knew did not have the resources to fight them in court over their inferior products.

DAVID L

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //