U.S. Postal Service - Certified Mail letter lost by U.S.P.S.

Posted on Friday, March 26th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by e842e929

Company: U.S. Postal Service - Certified Mail letter lost by U.S.P.S.

U.S. Postal Service - Certified Mail letter lost by U.S.P.S.

BEWARE OF THE US POSTAL SERVICE

On March 10, 2004, I purchased a $95 money order from my local Post Office to pay for a traffic ticket that my husband received. I sent the money order to the District Court by Certified Mail.

On March 20th, I became concerned, because I had not received a signed receipt back and the fine was due by March 20th.

I called the Us Postal Services's 800 number to check on the status. The US Postal Service LOST my certified money order. NO ONE knows what happened, nor do they care. I have heard the expression, "IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM" over and over and over again.

This is not a small problem. My husband is a professional truck driver and needs his license to make a living. That does not mean a thing to the US Postal Service. There is nothing they can do.

To add insult to injury, I had to PAY $3.50 to file a claim on the money order that the US Postal Service lost!

I have also been told that it will take a MINIMUM of 60 DAYS to get reimbursed for the money I paid for the money order.

A customer service representative said she would call the Court and ask them if they would wait until I was reimbursed for the lost money order. She did not make that call.

I called the Court to ask if they received a call from the US Postal Service and they said they had, but the person who called never mentioned my husbands name, so the Court had no idea who the ticket belonged to. I was also informed that the Court would extend the time period for the fine to reach the Court but it would not be 60 days.

This is NOT the first time that the US Postal Serivce has lost or failed to follow procedures with Certified Mail that I have paid for.

I have recieved the receipts without signatures, with the date received, and even with signature and date. Now they have topped themselves. They have lost my money. BUT, IT IS NOT THEIR PROBLEM. It is anyone that sends Certified Mail. I might add, it didn't just happen with ONE Post Office. I have mailed Certified Mail from FIVE different Post Offices in my area, and they have all failed to do what they are being paid for.

NO ONE at the US Postal Service has yet to take any responsibility.

I have written to the Postmaster General, and he has NEVER responded to my letters either.

So, BEWARE when you send Certified Mail.

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //

27ea2065, 2008-11-20, 05:39PM CST

After more than 4 years, USPS is still doing the same thing----they lost my certified mail which is extreme important document and stated that there is nothing they can do!!! I am so disappointed and frustrated!!!

89442ebf, 2009-10-20, 06:39PM CDT

I agree. DO NOT rely on certified mail. They lost mine and when I didn't get the notification about it being received and signed for, I called.

I got the same run around. It has set me back since July 09 and still haven't gotten the issue resolved. Doubt I will.