Posted on Thursday, March 25th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by e96996ea

Company: Rockaway Bedding, Shirley, NY - returned bed frame Dec. 27, 2003 - $ 43.16 refund

Business Reply - May 10, 2004 - From: //

Refund for frame of $43.16

Rockaway Bedding had processed her refund as per our company policy. The customer had moved and we sent the refund check to her old address. The check was returned to us back in January. We were not made aware of her new address until I saw this complaint. We reissued the check to her and she received her $43.16.

ROCKAWAY BEDDING .... refund policy

AT the end of November I purchased a bed frame from ROCKAWAY BEDDING in Shirley New York. I paid cash for it and explained at the time that "this might not be the item that I would need to set up a bed in my new home".

At that time I was assured there would be "no problem returning the item and that Rockaway Bedding was known for their liberal return policy". Well I returned the item still sealed in the original box on December 27.... and was told I would my refund in the mail within 7-10 business days...

I was annoyed since I didn't see why I can't get a cash refund after paying cash and especially from a store with a liberal return policy.... I didn't receive any satisfactory answer except to be told that this was the store policy... well it is now 3 months later and I still have not received my refund or any satisfactory explanation from anybody either at the stor e or at their website..

I am promised return phone calls which I never receive... I am told the company is " very slow at processing refunds " as if that is an explanation . The salesman tells me repeatedly I have faxed that report to them several times but I will do it again ."

As if he was just an innocent victim of his own employer. I would like my refund of $43.16 ASAP . I am just very happy that I hadn't spent more cash with this company and had a problem and been left hanging by them.... Lesson well learned..

Carolyn M

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //