Posted on Monday, March 22nd, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 653834fe

Company: MCI - monthly bill not $ 49.99 as expected - it's $ 99.99 - told due to being charged for long distance operator assistance

MCI -

I recently read an article about M.C.I. taking advantage billing this person a large amount of money for a long distance phone call. well I had a really bad experience with this company called M.C.I. I use to have another phone company but when M.C.I. called me and told me that all I would be paying is 49.99 and I would have (free long distance, free caller I.D., free voice mail, and free local calls,) I would get this for 49.99 a month.

I accepted there offer and switched to M.C.I. my first bill was for 49.99 but after that first bill my phone bill was always 99.00 a month I would call them but to no avail they would tell me that it's taxes and long distance operator assistance.

I told them that long distance is suppose to be free but they said not that type of long distance why did'nt they tell me this before I switched That is false advertisement and deceiving a customer just to get them to switch.

I have dropped them and went to another company I wish M.C.I would drop the money I owe them and clear my name with them. right now my long distance carrier is M.C.I. but I think I'am going to remove them from those services they provide me because of the experience they put me through. Thank you very much respectively yours Luis have a blessed day louie Luis S

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //