Posted on Monday, March 22nd, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 161c7065

Company: 1dollarhosting.com - unexpted late fee - upset with company, switching Web hosts

1dollarhosting.com complaint

I have been a loyal customer of 1dollarhosting.com for nearly 3 years now and I haven't had much complaint. Now that I've looked up reviews and complains about the company, I'd like to give my two sense. I now realise that this company isn't as great as it looks.

I've never placed enough content on my website to exceed their bandwidth limit, but I had figured, low server space = won't exceed bandwidth. However, in their TOS, they state that once one did exceed their (unstated) bandwidth limit per package, they may have to take action against you.

I never really took mind of this, but I now I know it isn't normal, but the server sometimes goes down for intolerable periods of time, hours; no email, no FTP, no website! Other companies fix it right away, or put up a message telling you what happened.

As far as other people know, the site no longer exists.

Their tech-support isn't very good. It's rather aloof and somewhat rude. They almost give you a runaround when you ask specific questions. It's almost as if they undermind your intelligence, especially if you know what you're talking about.

Furthermore, I registered my domain with them (as I was new with domains, hosting, etc.) and it turns out that I don't even own the domain. They do. Also, I don't even think that my cgi-bin ever worked. I tried it once and gave up.

I use my domain-email as my primary email address and though I depend on it, it isn't very reliable.

What really brought my attention to the service reviews was that they recently charged me a late fee that, as far as I knew, had already been paid. I believe they intentionally didn't notify me that I hadn't paid the hosting for the previous year, that they still kept up.

I contacted them about support and they told me that I was late with billing and they charged me a late fee. I'm paying the past-fee and late fee and I'm switching hosts. I think I was ripped off.

C. B

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //