Posted on Sunday, March 21st, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 0ac73071

Company: Brad Benson Mitsubishi, Monmouth Junction, NJ - purchased 2002 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ - $ 645 monthly payment

Brad Benson Mitsubishi Monmouth Junction, NJ

In 2002, I was a 22 year old full time student with a car that had broken down at the last minute. I was very desperate for a car because if I missed anymore classes I would have to pay full tuition all over again (you were only allowed 3 absences).

Anyway, I saw a TV ad that was very appealing, 0 down, 0 payments, 0 interest until 2003. This would give me an entire year without payments so I thought, great, let me go check it out. So I did, little did I know what was to come.

To make a long story short, the sales rep kept me in the showroom for 4 1/2 hours trying to negotiate the sale of a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ.

I told him that I could not pay the EXTREMELY OVERPRICED amount of $645.00 per month, especially for a Galant. This amount was to include taxes, msrp of 25,000, and other fees. I did not agree that I could handle that kind of payment.

I should be driving 2 Hummers for that amount, which Brad Benson himself drives. So the rep said that I could take the car with me that night after I sign the financing papers, and if I change my mind, I can bring it back within 24 hours.

Hmmmmmm, well, I went to bring it back the next day and they would not take it. They told me thst because I signed the papers, I was stuck with the car, stuck with the payment, and it's my problem, not theirs, Don't sign anything! I was FURIOUS to say the least.

I screamed at the top of my lungs right in the middle of the showroom floor. I urged people to walk out of there while they still had a chance. The rep then yelled, "ITS NOT OUR FAULT YOUR POOR!" Poor or not, $645/month is insane, especially for a Mitsubishi GALANT!

In the end, we worked our way up to $2900.00 which was much less than the $8,000 I had asked for from the beginning.

Word to the wise, don't go there. Call Consumer Affairs before making big decisions, with anything.

Questions? Email me.

Melanie

melanie

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //

7d62af6a, 2007-12-18, 10:02PM CST

Sorry to read your horror story. I am not a college student. Far from it. I have bought many cars in the 40 years that I have been driving.

I was going to lease a car this past July. I wanted the Mitsubishi Outlander. Nice car. Lots of extras. Anyway, just as Melanie said, I was in the dealership for 4 hours. I told them that I had to be out by 5 PM. They kept on promising..."just 5 more minutes". They didn't even have the model I wanted. They had a similar one...different color outside and in. A few less features. I had a price in mind that I was sticking to. They kept coming in higher. Finally the salesman came back with his manager in tow who wanted to know "what the trouble was." He came in with a price that was close to what I wanted, claiming I had won. They were taking a loss on the car. I had to take possession immediately though. AND it was not the model I wanted. So, despite what I went there for, I came back with a nice car, yeah,...but NOT the one I wanted. They "paid off" my remaining lease on my Explorer, but in return my lease was now 42 months with 12K miles/year.

The sales mgr. absolutely insisted that I take the car right then. I balked at that. I wanted to at least think on it, but they were ahead of me. The salesman and his mgr. drove it to my house. I dropped my Explorer off the next day and also to get some in service time on the features. "Come in anytime and we'll take as much time as you need to get acclimated to all the features", I was promised. After waiting an hour to see my salesman the next day, he very begrudgingly gave me 4 minutes and said that if I had any more questions, I would have to come back another time.

I am mostly mad at myself for allowing this to happen, however one thing really bothers me. When they were holding me hostage for 4 hours, my salesman, Jason (delete if you can't use names) said that for all the trouble I went through during the sales process, he would personally mail me coupons for my first 4 oil changes. No charge! Have I received any? Nope. I have called and written. One time directly to Brad Benson himself. No response. I even wrote a letter of complaint about their sales practices to Mitsubishi. I got a form letter back thanking me for my letter.

Keep far away from Brad Benson Hyundai/Mitsubishi. In 40 years of buying or leasing cars, it was my WORST experience. Serves me right. A Cowboy fan going to buy a car from a NY Giant dealership. Should have had my head examined.

Brad...your commericals are GREAT. Your dealership STINKS!!

1e43e853, 2008-01-31, 06:16PM CST

Melanie,

Can you please contact me at [email protected] I'm trying to reach people who have had a problem at Brad Benson dealership. Needing your assistance.

Sincerely,