Posted on Friday, March 19th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 98daa228

Company: Westlake Financial Services, Los Angeles, CA - granted permission for payment deferrment - then hounded for one of these deferred payment to be made

Westlake Financial Services

Westlake Financial Services

4751 Wilshire Blvd.

Los Angeles, Ca 90010

I have been doing business with this company for what amounts to a MISERABLE 2 years now. They are quite unprofessional in the way that they deal with me.

My complaint originally started around Christmas time of last year. I had called them around the beginning of Dec. to see if I was eligible for a deferment, mind you until then I had never even been late on a pmnt. They said yes and in fact, they told me I was eligible for two. Well, later that month they began relentlessly hounding me for a payment.

When I called to explain, they said well, we stopped doing deferments this month....WHAT!!!! Although they were the ones who originally granted me permission to do this, they conveniently lost all records of that phone conversation and basically told me it was my problem. The never-ending harassment resumed. I mean these people went so far as to call and tell me that they were going to call the highway patrol and report the car stolen. I was not even a month behind yet.

Eventually I paid them up because I could not get anywhere with them, and I did not want to ruin my credit. Then in January of 2004 I sent them an advance payment for $1,700, paying up my account until August of 2004. This again was ok with them. My balance was now $300.00. Well guess what? T

hey have now begun to tack on interest charges to late fees for not making a Feb, March pmnt. According to them I now owe $477.00. This has to be illegal what they are doing????

Customer service, if you can call it that, is a joke. When I call I am continually transferred and eventually my call is dropped,hmmmmm, I thought my internet connection was bad. When I eventually do get to speak to someone and I begin to work on a resolution, I am later called by a completely different person who does not seem to know anything about ANYTHING and the cycle continues. I have also been told that I am not allowed to speak to a manger.

An unhappy Westlake customer

Melissa

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //