Posted on Monday, March 15th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by f551bace

Company: Firestone, Voorhees, NJ - mailing advertised oil change for $ 11.99 - found out later, when visted dealership, that price is actually $ 21.99 without credit card application

Firestone-Oil Change

Richard Wrigglesworth

Voorhees, New Jersey

08043

I have recently moved into the Voorhees, New Jersey area from North Carolina. I received a Firestone advertisement, (good from March 12-21, 2004), in the mail regarding an oil change for $11.99. I called the local Firestone dealership in Voorhees, New Jersey, requested an appointment and asked again about the advertisement cost of $11.99 being correct.

I was told it is indeed correct. Nothing else!

I went to the dealership, gave my name and said I had an appointment at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, March 13, 2004 and had my coupon for the $11.99 oil change.

I was then told I had to apply for a Firestone credit card in order to receive the oil change at the $11.99 price! I took out the coupon again and showed the Firestone employee that there was nothing on the advertisement defining the oil change price tied to the credit card requirement. All the note on the coupon said was, "See store for details with completed or existing Auto-Pass application".

Since I did not want a credit card with a 20+ % interest rate, the oil change price went up to $21.99!

I realize that deception appears to be commonplace here, but I had expected Firestone ethics had been seriously revamped over the last few years regarding previous devious campaigns to defraud people!

As a consumer, I am outraged by the continuing disregard for ethical customer service. I will continue to pursue this issue to Firestone directly as well as the Voorhees, New Jersey Better Business Bureau for action.

R. P. W

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //