Posted on Friday, March 12th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 3feb9f33

Company: 2000 Ford Focus - several recalls - power locks not working - passenger side doors would not open

2000 Ford Focus

Fairway Ford

San Bernardino CA

909-386-0276 (Roger) To whom it may concern, My wife and I purchased a new Ford Focus back in 2000. We loved the look and I have had Ford cars before and have always been pleased. To get right to the point, we have been completely dissatisfied with our purchase. We have had recall after recall on this car and to top it off we have a new situation. About 10 days ago my wife mentioned that her power locks were not working.

We decided to bring it in to the dealer on our next day off to have it looked at. The next day after the locks stopped working, the doors would not open at all on the passenger side. The lock mechanism apparently had seized up. After being in the shop for a few days I was notified that the other side was about to seize up as well. That of coarse is being repaired at my expense as well.

Now being a consumer that is a bit disheartening. Being a father and knowing that my 3-year-old son rides in that car, makes me irate. I cannot believe that there would or could be any way that a car built by Ford would have a problem like that which essentially turns the car my son is transported in into a death trap. It makes me think “what if” all 4 doors seized? “What if” my wife and child were in a car accident and drove into a river or lake? I hope you see were I would consider this a potential disaster in waiting.

Of course I am out of the warranty period so to add insult to injury I am paying approximately $520.00 to fix this problem. There is no way that anyone can guarantee me that this will not happen again. If it happens again, all the “what if’s” are back in play. I do not know if this is a regular problem on these cars, but I hope that this is something that will be addressed in future production considerations.

I unfortunately will NOT purchase another Ford vehicle or any affiliated with Ford due to this major problem. Additionally I will mention this problem that I’ve had every time I hear anyone around me speak of buying a new car. Michael H

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //

7968f402, 2010-06-04, 10:41AM CDT

This is so crazy. Have the exact same promblems with my locks. Wish I had read this before I purchase this stupid car. Took it at ford,s dealership and they're asking for $95.00 just for accessment eventhough they know exactly what the promblem is. There should be a recall or special discount for this. Will never purchase a Ford again.