Posted on Thursday, June 10th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 6ac8c652

Company: Brighthouse cable, Riverview, FL - We have to wait through Brighthouse's screw ups yet the have the nerve to charge me for my inconvenience

Brighthouse cable

I just wanted to let you know how terrible I think Brighthouse in Florida is. We ordered cable internet over two weeks before we moved into our new address at Beechberry Dr in Riverview. It is new construction and one would think they would have everything taken care of before residents moved in.

On the first appointment for the install, nobody showed. We finally called and were told that the wiring for the neighborhood was not complete. It would have been nice to get a call regarding this but we ended up wasting most of a Saturday. We contacted Brighthouse and were assured by them that it would be taken care of as soon as possible. Two weeks later we hadn't heard from them so we called again.

Oh yes, they said it was available last week. So we made another appointment for this past Saturday, June 5th. The installer comes and says he has some bad news. The cable head that we use isn't wired. It is wired to every other house on the block but mine. It will take ANOTHER two weeks (minimum) for them to bore from across the street.

He asks me if I want to go ahead and do the interior prewire. I said sure. He then tells me that the satellite is using both wires coming into the house and he has to CHARGE me to run the wire. At that point I threw him out. How ridiculous is that? We have to wait through Brighthouse's screw ups yet the have the nerve to charge me for my inconvenience. Screw them...

I'll stick with Verizon and DirecTV. DirecTV bill is 54.95 and (when I had no choice in my apartment) Dimhouse was 65.00. Verizon DSL is 29.95 for 6 months and 39.95 after that.... Dimhouse is 44.95. Make sense? Nope. I'll NEVER recommend Brighthouse to anyone nor will I ever let them back on my property.

Robert B

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //

645dc04c, 2009-01-07, 08:05PM CST

I agree that Brighthouse in Florida has some of the worst customer service that I have ever encountered. Twice I have had issues where I have had to ask for a supervisor, and then left on hold in excess of 30 minutes. I just called to cancel HBO and told the automated voice service unit that I wanted to remove service--response " your estimated wait time will be more than ten minutes". I hung up and called back saying I wanted to add service, and the phone was answered on the second ring. Something is very, very wrong with this company. Everyone likes to complain about cable rates and support, while I can't complain too much about the rates at Brighthouse, the service is awful, and this most recent episode is reprehensible. Cox communication was head and shoulders above Brighthouse. They seem to have no interest in customer service or retention.

be725760, 2010-01-10, 03:55PM CST

Yes, Brighthouse is the worst at customer service - lazy installers are all they hire. Beware of the billing practices too - they mail bills with NO postmark and no specific due date. When you pay the bill even within a ten day timeframe as is the norm under so-called consumer laws, they add a late charge and if you don't pay it with your next bill, they add another late fee onto the first one and and on and on they go. You end up paying extra for the lousy service and have to fight with them or pay an extra 10.00 when they disconnect you for the $5.00 they are stealing.

The internet service is slower than molasses and goes out - cheapo routers - so you are better off buying your own router if you are wireless. You still are at the mercy of their incoming router and service failures a few times a week. i will not move into another place without making sure I can have satellite instead of being forced into cable because the property owner does not want 'ugly dishes' on the buildings. Never had problems out west - is it just Florida that stinks?