Adelphia - Adelphia High Speed Internet - I applied for the $69.95 rebate, (you know how it goes...include the subscript on the bottom of the box, one fingernail, some dust from your garage and your first born). I completed this inane task on 3/26/04. Has there been

Posted on Sunday, June 27th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by cf79685d

Product: High Speed Internet

Company: Adelphia

Category: Internet Services

Free Modem Offer Adelphia promised in one of those glitzy Internet ad's that as usual proved more sizzle than steak.

I applied for the $69.95 rebate, (you know how it goes...include the subscript on the bottom of the box, one fingernail, some dust from your garage and your first born). I completed this inane task on 3/26/04. Has there been any rebate? No.

A call to my local cable monopoly customer representative disavowed any responsibility to insure that their local customers actually receive a rebate. My customer service representative refused to represent me and inquire into the rebate with The Express Group (who cuts the rebate checks 1 800 741-1365) and Motorola.

They offered me a telephone number to invest more time in getting the promised rebate. At $70.00 a pop for every customer who doesn't keep good paper work, have the time or energy to follow through with keeping these shady business practices honest....you can see the incentive to just let the cheated customer fade away.

Isn't there truth in advertising laws that they should be in compliance with?