Posted on Sunday, June 20th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 64e76c7d

Company: 1999 Mazda 626 - only put 45,000 miles on it in 5 years and then the transmission went out

1999 Mazda 626 - only put 45,000 miles on it in 5 years and then the transmission went out Mazda 626

I bought a 1999 Mazda 626 brand new off the lot at Don Darr Mazda in St. Louis, MO. I drove it and kept good care of the car. Such good care of the car that I only put 45,000 miles on it in 5 years and then the transmission went out. Mazda refused to replace it because the warranty was only good for 3 years or 50,000 miles -whichever came first.

NEVER EVER BUY A MAZDA. After the transmission went out, I researched the issue and found out that Mazda is notorious for handing out skimpy warranties and the FORD installs the faulty transmissions.

Both manufacturers know what they're doing - which is handing out lemons knowing that they won't last and stiffing the consumer. The transmissions cost over $2,000. Can someone out there help me with this problem? If so, please email me at COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_67884# Thanks very much.

W, Laurie Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //