Entenmann's - Entenmann's - discontinued one of my favorite cakes, Banana Cake, which I have been eating since I was 7 and I am now 22

Posted on Thursday, June 17th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 84368bde

Company: Entenmann's

Category: Food

My name is Nancy and I also have a complaint about Entenmann's. They also discontinued one of my favorite cakes, Banana Cake, which I have been eating since I was 7 and I am now 22. They replace this great cake with Banana Crunch which I must say "sucks". I try to find a website for them and couldn't find one. I would like them to PLEASE bring it back. Nancy H MA

fa6f1c61, 2008-02-29, 12:05PM CST

I also would like to complain about the choice to discontinue my favorite cake, banana cake, which I've been eating since I was five years old or younger. I'm now expecting at 21 and have the only craving for my favorite cake and can't find it anywhere. I would even order some if I could. Please bring this cake back, its the best hands down! Monica R, New Jersey

9f7c87e8, 2008-06-28, 03:46PM CDT

I just emailed their corporate office and asked why I cannot find this cake anywhere. It was my absolute favorite cake, and my whole family LOVED it. I would buy it every single week! Myabe if they get enough emails asking for it they will bring it back. Type in Entenmann's in Google and it should bring up their website as the first listing. I also tried the Banana Crunch cake which SUCKS... no comparison! It seems like every time I find something I love they take it off the market. That really sucks.

0b7fc657, 2008-09-08, 11:59AM CDT

I was wondering what happened to my favorite cake. Just like you i used to buy it every week my friends would hear banana and say it sounded nasty but once they tasted it they were hooked. I wish they would bring it back or at least have a way you can order it on-line. I need that cake. Especially now that i am pregnant.

c740369b, 2008-11-11, 01:11PM CST

Yes, I too miss the Banana Cake which I use to buy every week. They re-released it about 2 years ago, but it disappeared just as quick. There use to be a Entenmann's Outlet close to my house in Melrose Park, IL and one of their workers told me it was discontinued. The outlet just closed a couple of months ago. I wonder if the economy is affecting them as well. If anyone from Entenmann's is reading, please bring it back.

0b80fda9, 2009-02-20, 05:35PM CST

I agree my family loved the banana cake with the chocolate strips of icing. I still look for it every week hoping they will bring it back soon.

414336c3, 2009-06-12, 02:28PM CDT

My husband has had me looking all over for this cake -- I thought that he was making it up. I ended up buying the banana crunch, thinking "I FOUND IT". I was sadly mistaken as his face dropped when I pulled it out of the bag. He had one slice and through the box away.

What a disappointment.

Monica M.

66d8829e, 2009-06-26, 10:58AM CDT

I agree the banana cake was my favorite also i emailed entenmanns because i also feel like the crunch one sucks.. BRING BACK BANANA CAKEE!!!!

97816d45, 2009-06-30, 03:28PM CDT

178886b9, 2009-10-09, 08:11PM CDT

I LOVED the Entenmann's Banana Cake. My family had a silly tradition to eat it whenever someone was sick or didn't feel good. I am sick at this very moment and all I can think about is eating Entenmann's Banana Cake, but I can't; it's a huge disappointment. And you know what else is a huge disappointment? The sad excuse of a cake they call the Banana Crunch Cake, yuck! Bring back the fancy looking, delectable, and delicious banana cake!!

ef9570bb, 2009-10-19, 02:41PM CDT

I agree - that cake was awesome. The crunch cake is nowhere close to the deliciousness of the non-crunch cake!!

d2d178ca, 2009-11-18, 05:08AM CST

The Banana cake was their best cake period!!

d2d178ca, 2009-11-18, 05:10AM CST

The Banana cake was their best cake period!!

4659f068, 2010-01-14, 03:31PM CST

Entenmann's entire line has become crap. They've been raising the prices while cutting the size and quality for years now. Sara Lee has done the same thing. It once had a banana cake that was 10 times better than Entenmann's ever was. Dumbass food companies!

b5e85ce1, 2010-02-10, 11:26AM CST

I agree! I had it as a kid too and LOVED IT! I've been searching for it but I see it's not on their website! BOO! I'm so sad.

c0c34d71, 2010-02-10, 11:28PM CST

Omg yes please bring this cake back it was my all time favorite. Until now I had no idea it was discontinued we need to figure out to get it back and trash that crappy bannana crunch. I am craving this cake.

08fc8e9b, 2010-03-18, 09:55PM CDT

Me, too! This was my favorite cake of all time. My dad used to bring it home after working out-of-state all week. I've been looking for it for the past few years, and this thread has confirmed what I feared most: its discontinued! :(

1a4c2a32, 2010-06-03, 07:27PM CDT

I also agree with all of you, i have been eating this cake since i was 6 years old, it was my favorite cake of all time but im only 14 now but age doesnt matter what matters is they discontinued my favorite cake and i dont appreciate it im going to write a letter to entenmanns right now and im going to complain about them discontinuing Banana cake and replacing it with that disgusting banana crunch cake

Saleemah O'Neal

ed154aa9, 2010-07-23, 10:01PM CDT

I thought I was alone out there, but I guess not. Since I was 6 years old , the only cake I ever wanted (or really even ate) was Entenmann's Banana Cake. I'm 34 years old now and I've been searching for info about how to make it myself . I had Entenmann's Banana Cake for 10 years of Birthdays for cryin out loud and frankly to find out that they discontinued making Banana Cake has pist me off so bad that I'm demanding a BOYCOTT of Not only Entenmann's , but of BIMBO BAKERY's ,Thomas', Freihofes, Arnold, BrownBerry, Stroehmann, & Boboli , which are the business' that are jointly owned.

Copy & Paste this message and email it to every single one of these addresses , if you want to bring our favorite cake back on the shevles.

To Whom It May Concern,

I'm writing to let you know that I'm joining the boycott of your company and it's products. The boycott will be lifted when Entenmann's brings back the original Banana Cake. This may sound silly to you , but I'm sure losing millions of dollars doesn't. Please have Entenmann's bring back the original Banana Cake so we can again enjoy your products and spread the good word of your companys policies and products. Thank You for your time and expeditious negotiating .

Sincerely,

YOUR NAME HERE.

EMAIL LIST:

ed154aa9, 2010-07-27, 08:00PM CDT

Hey, I've started a boycott of BIMBO BAKERYS which owns Entenmann's. I demanded they bring back the Original Banana Cake or we are NOT going to buy any of their products. Long story short , I spoke to the director at Entenmann's(who was very nice) and she will bring back the banana cake "IF" enough people vote for it on the Entenmann's Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/Entenmanns?ref=ts#!/Entenmanns?v=wall&ref=ts . The Banana Cake Poll will be up very VERY soon and we need as many people to vote for it as we can. I totally LOVE their banana cake . Please help bring it back ?

Scott Rodrigues

P.S. Copy & Paste the link to the Entenmann's facebook page and look for the poll this week. Thanks

21c07741, 2010-08-11, 06:22PM CDT

06b5b245, 2010-08-17, 08:24AM CDT

My husband and I have been buying Entemann's goods for MANY YEARS AND they finally DROVE US AWAY, they are selling nothing but CRAP AND IT IS NO LONGER EDIBLE!!!!!!!THEY PUT BAD INGREDIENTS INTO THEIR SO CALLED CAKES-THEY NEED TO RESEARCH WHAT MEANS 'CAKES' very very dissapointed and we are no longer their customers!!!!!

3de6d4b4, 2010-09-17, 09:30PM CDT

Banana crunch cake does not suck. You, madam, on the contrary... do.

bdf86441, 2011-02-24, 06:23PM CST

Oh my god! I couldn't agree more! Bring back the banana cake! My family and I miss it!

3588ae1a, 2011-05-06, 04:05PM CDT

The cake is coming back. I just had some actually.

153c31c2, 2011-05-23, 02:16PM CDT

I am happy to type that the banana cake IS BACK. A co-worker found it for me at the Entenmann's factory store in brooklyn. Tastes as good as I remember. Hope you find it in your neighborhood soon. It is the only Entenmann's cake that I LOVE!!!

7edc45d6, 2012-02-16, 04:36PM CST

Have you discontinued New York Coffee crumb cake, it is my favorite.

384ec9cf, 2013-01-13, 10:58AM CST

Classic Crumb Coffee Cake has been discontinued according to the outlet store in Sunrise Florida. It has been replaced with Crumb Mini Cakes. They are not quite the same - - the mini cakes use pound cake with the crumb topping.

564fdb54, 2014-08-17, 08:45PM CDT

Ok my turn. I would like fir entermanns to bring back the lovely, delicious,tasty, creamy, soft, really moist BANANA cake with icing....!