Americredit Services - Americredit Services, Ft. Worth, TX - I purchased a 1995 Chevy pick-up through Americredit Services in Ft. Worth, Texas on 08/09/99. I have made monthly payments since that time and have never been late nor have I ever missed a payment

Posted on Friday, July 30th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by b7827e44

Company: Americredit Services

Location: FORT WORTH, TX, US

Category: Business, Finances

Illegal Re-possesion of vehicle by Americredit Services

Financial Services

P.O. Box 961107

Ft. Worth, Texas 76161-0107 I purchased a 1995 Chevy pick-up through Americredit Services in Ft. Worth, Texas on 08/09/99. I have made monthly payments since that time and have never been late nor have I ever missed a payment. I paid $18,416.67 for the vehicle. I have made payments of $434.15 for 57 months and one payment for the month 58th of $105.81. I thought the last payment of $105.81 was the final payment for the truck, but after speaking with an Americredit representative I was informed that the interest had not been taken from the principal payment as of 11/07/02. I was informed that an intrest payment of $633.66 was still owed on the vehicle.

It was at this time (06/07/04) that I made arrangements with the Company Representative to split the $633.66 into two payments each of $316.66. The first payment to be made on 07/10/04 and the second payment to be made on 08/10/04. The problem is, that today, 07/29/04 at about 10:30 am or 11:00 am my vehicle was rposessed by orders from a person at Americredit by the name of Ona. I can fax you any documentation you need to prove what I am stating is true. These are the facts: This is a breakdown of the vehicle payments: Contract price of the vehicle--------

$18,416.67 Payments made on time----------------$17,475.04 Americredit final Print out shows

----$ 974.11 due as of 03/04/04.

I paid----------------------------- $ 434.15 on 04/04/04.

I paid-------------------------------$ 434.15on 06/04/04.

I paid-------------------------------$ 105.81on 06/07/04.

Thinking this was the last payment I called Americredit to ask for the truck papers. It was at this time the representative informed me of the $633.66 still due on the vehicle. This was due to Americredit stoping the removal of the interest from the principal payment. This was started as of 11/07/02. This was also the time I made arrangements with the representative to split the $633.66 into two payments of $316.66. One due on 07/10/04 and the second payment of $316.66 to be made on 08/10/04.

This would then be the last and final payment on the vehicle. As stated above, I have never missed a

payment nor have I ever been late with a payment. Nearly all of my payments were sent in early. No

notice was sent to me stating that anything was wrong. As there was nothing wrong, There could be no notice!

I cannot understand what their reason would be for taking a re-possion action against me. I called

Americredit for an explanation but could not get one. All I was told was that Ona had ordered the vehicle repossessed and to do it without the customers knowledge if possible. The truck was taken from my driveway without my knowledge. I called the police as I thought it had been stolen and they informed me of the repossion order by Ona, the representative of Americredit. Americredit in my opinion, has violated our agreement for the final payment of the $316.66 dollars due on 08/10/04.

I have given them no reason to do what they have done.

I have paid for the vehicle faithfully with out fault to our agreement. They have stolen my vehicle which I

have paid for honestly and without fault to the contract. I have paid them over $18,000.00 and they

repossess my vehicle before the last payment is due to be made on 08/10?4. At this time I am very confused and in shock over this action. I am totally disabled and 65 years old. I need my vehicle to get to my Dr. appointments. I am not sure what to do, so if you can help me I would appreciate it very much. Also, I think people should know how Americredit runs their business. Thank you for your time and assistance with this very important problem.

Respectfully,