Cingular Wireless - Cingular Wireless - Not only did SEVERAL folks at Cingular scold me for even thinking of such a negotiation, when I asked to speak to accounting I was told that my account was in write off status and that on three occasions my account was sent out to co

Posted on Wednesday, July 28th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 63c5e2e7

Product: not current account

Company: Cingular Wireless

Category: Telecommunications

Cingular Wireless - Not only did SEVERAL folks at Cingular scold me for even thinking of such a negotiation, when I asked to speak to accounting I was told that my account was in "write off" status and that on three occasions my account was sent out to collection agencies

Cingular /Billing/credit/collections fraud

Pennsylvania: Dear Cingular Representative:

My daughter recently "borrowed" a Cingular phone from a friend (info below) and for two months in a row, in a BIG way, went over the 400 minutes allowed in the plan that her friend was subscribed to and went TWO times to offices to find out what she could do to lower the charges (couldn't they have raised her plan to 800-1000 minutes).

She was told there was nothing that could be done. Knowing that as of today she had already paid in cash (she was ill for two months) $380 towards what should have been about $120 (but that as of today, even with the $380 paid there is still a $500+ balance), and wanting to help her in some way, especially given her illness issues, and having previous knowledge that during the years that I was a GREAT family member of Cingular, I called Cingular in an effort to negotiate (I've successfully negotiated into new plans with them before upon signing up for another year, etc.) re-entering the Cingular family with 2 new phones and two members and a 2 year commitment in exchange for Cingular's forgiveness of the $500 mishap(to my daughter, not Cingular), which, by the way was still leaving Cingular with a HUGE profit of overtime minute charges already paid for by my daughter.

I found all representatives I spoke to to be lacking sympathy and unwilling to help in any way and sharp and snippy in their attitude and tones, even if negotiating would have meant more profit for Cingular. Is it your new business intent after taking in AT&T and being a family with SBS and BellSouth to profit from the mistakes or misjudgments of teenagers? I found the "old" Cingular to be much more customer friendly. There is only one way to describe the business tactics ALL of the representatives I have talked to about this issue: RUDE. (Daughter's info: private) Not only is this my opinion, but in frustration and disbelief of Cingular's tone and rudeness, I phoned my local favorite tech phone "guy" to discuss, how, if at all he would be able to help me. H

e said that he does not really recommend or deal with Cingular (he use to deal with Cingular almost exclusively) anymore because of his experience having trouble solving problems and his customers complaining about Cingular customer service.

Not only did SEVERAL folks at Cingular scold me for even thinking of such a negotiation, when I asked to speak to accounting I was told that my account was in "write off" status and that on three occasions my account was sent out to collection agencies. Since I had no knowledge of such situations ever occurring, I requested the details from Coral Erwin in your accounting department , who stated that she could not identify the Collection Agency names, nor the specifics of two of the "charge offs" and that one of the "charge offs" had been some time of error or "fixed" by the computer so it "wasn't really a charge off anymore" but that my account was still indicated as including that 3rd entry and my account in GENERAL as a charge off. What does that mean? She said she could not give me any further details of why my account appears as such. The purpose of this email is to:

1) request that I be sent a letter in writing that my account with Cingular is and always has been in good standing and if not, evidence indicating same.

2) provide me with promises that IF Cingular WOULD accept my offer and forgive the remaining due on my daughter's friend's account in exchange for a 2 yr. contract, etc. that it would conduct business with me in a professional manner and extended rights as any US customer deserves.

Should becoming a Cingular customer mean you lose rights as a consumer and be treated with less respect than the person next to you in the super market?

Sincerely