Dance4Less - Dance4Less - I needed children's jazz shoes. Children's sizes above a certain point translate to adult sizes. I called Dance4Less' customer service to obtain the correct adult size for a size 4 child size. I was told adult 5-1/2. I subsequently ordered th

Posted on Saturday, July 24th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by e67efb05

Company: Dance4Less

Category: Stores, Shopping

I needed children's jazz shoes. Children's sizes above a certain point translate to adult sizes. I called Dance4Less' customer service to obtain the correct adult size for a size 4 child size. I was told adult 5-1/2. I subsequently ordered the shoes on 05/23/04. I received them and found that I could not even get them on my child's feet. I informed them immediately via e-mail and got no response. I didn't have time before the recital to re-order a larger size and had no idea what to order.

Fortunately, I found a local store that had the shoes. She needed a 6-1/2 adult, not a 5-1/2 as Dance4Less recommended. I returned the shoes on 06/02/04 and purchased Delivery Confirmation from the post office. I included a letter which stated that I would not pay a restocking fee since the return was their fault, not mine; I also stated I wished to have the shipping charges reversed (I was stuck with the return).

The USPS web site shows that delivery occurred on 06/04/04. I just received my credit card statement and as of the closing date of July 12, Dance4Less has not credited my credit card any amount. I now have to go through a credit card dispute. This is not a reputable business. I primarily shop on the web for convenience but learned a lesson from my experience with Dance4Less. When I finally had to venture into a dancewear store, I found that their prices are not significantly lower than the local dance stores; considering shipping charges and the risk of ordering the wrong size and having to pay a restocking fee, there is absolutely no advantage in buying dancewear online unless it is a hard-to-find item.

Tonya P

3acd1bd0, 2007-11-19, 06:50PM CST

Boston Dancewear 173 Mass Ave Boston MA

I went to Boston Dancewear and tried to purchase Sonata pointe shoes. The guy who worked there told me he didn't have my size. I asked him if I could buy the C with instead, but he told me he saw me the day before and I had pointe shoes already. The day before when I had the fitting he told me that a C would fit me better if I wore smaller pointe shoe pads. I told him that I wanted an alternate pair of shoes to wear and that I was waiting for my shoes from a store I had ordered online. I asked him how much the pointe shoes in a size C were, but he wouldn't tell me. I asked him what other shoes were like the ones I wanted to buy and he said he didn't have any. Then he told me that if I wanted to buy shoes online that I should buy them that way and that I didn't support small dance stores. I told him that he was very rude and then left the stoe. He was very rude to me calling me sweetheart, which he didn't mean. I will NEVER shop there or set foot in that store again. The service is POOR and he was Rude and way out of line.

b0d98aca, 2008-06-04, 09:57AM CDT

As hard as we try to fit shoes online, according to the manufacturer's recommendation, sometimes a simple exchange is in order. We cannot possibly recommend proper sizing w/out seeing the foot. In order to help this situation, we always inform the customer that they can send us a tracing of the foot and we will go the extra mile in the exchange.

Our website clearly states that it can take a couple of cycles for a refund to appear on the credit card.

f68df0c8, 2008-08-12, 08:02AM CDT

I had the same problem with Dance4less. I would never recommend anyone order from this company. They are unreliable as well as rude. I have been hung up on several times while trying to deal with this situation. Dance4less is not an on line company that anyone should use.

c458eec9, 2009-06-29, 12:29PM CDT

Uh why would you buy your child adult shoes?? That's a bit like buying yourself childrens shoes!! Know what I bet happened I bet you ordered the shoes THEN found them cheaper elsewhere and are just wanting your money back!!