Posted on Wednesday, July 21st, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 023bd500

Company: Goodyear Certified Tire Center Huntington Beach - I drove the car about 10 minutes away and while driving down busy Beach Blvd. My car stopped working...pushing on the gas and nothing was happening

Goodyear Certified Tire Center Huntington Beach

CERTIFIED TIRE & SERVICE CENTERS

19300 BEACH BLVD

HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA 92648

Hi,

I recently (Sunday July 18) brought my car in to this particular service centre. This was my third visit to this location. I have had the following work completed:

3/1/2004 - $1121.92 Distributor replaced and timing belts

5/2/2004 - $347.10 Fluids, etc

7/18/2004 - 137.00 Front right CV Boot and windshield wippers

During my last visit, I arrived at 9 am and was promptly called at 11:30 so that I could come pick up my car. Here's where the story gets good...

I drove the car about 10 minutes away and while driving down busy Beach Blvd. My car stopped working...pushing on the gas and nothing was happening. I had just made a right turn on to Beach when the car stopped...a car was following closely behind and if the driver was a little less attentive, it is likely that I would have been rear ended. I COULD HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN A SERIOUS ACCIDENT BECAUSE OF THIS SHOPS MISTAKE. What had happened was that the Right axle was not re-attached to the main axle/drive shaft. The end result was a transmission fluid leak and what was later diagnosed as ground down gears on the right axle.

I was extremely patient and called this particular location and they said someone would be out immeidately to look in to what happened. The mechanic showed up and was unable to put the axle back in to place...the office called a tow truck and I waited for a few hours for it to come. Once towed back to the shop, they ordered the part and had it promptly deliverd about an hour or so later. After all was said and done, the entire axle and transmission fluid were replaced. I started at 8:45 am and finished my day at just around 4pm.

While waiting, I met someone else waiting for their oil change to be completed...they were less than thrilled with the entended period of time it took. I told him my story and he thought it was really funny because he told me that he had a friend who got an oil change at this same shop and they forgot to put the oil back in, the engine ceased up during the test drive and the engine had to be replaced. I guess quality is not this locations strong point.

In between all this I had to cancel important plans and have someone meet me at my broke down car to deliver a pair of baseball tickets ...a major inconvenience for everyone involved.

To get to the point...I feel that this could have been avoided obviously but although it was "dealt" with...I was made to feel that your team was doing me this HUGE favour - even though it was Goodyears fault. After all was said and done, after waiting ALL day for tow trucks and for the repairs to be completed...I was sent on my way with not so much as any type of a gesture for the inconvenience. ie. A complementary oil change or something as a way of saying..."Hey...we fucked up...here's something for you troubles." I actually had to ask the assistant manager, because the Manager was lying in his car at the time (not feeling well)...what they were gong to do for me.

After getting the Manager in to talk with me (I could hear him swearing loudly...being dragged from his rest)...he was extremely beligerent and I was told that he would talk to his customer service manager and come up with something...I gave him two cards and he has my number but I have yet to receive a phone call yet and its 2 days after the fact.

My bigger concern is any potential long term damage that this whole mishap might have caused to my car. Lets say 6 months down the road the transmission goes? Is it possible that the damage was caused by Goodyear?

I am not upset but I atleast feel that I should get some kind of a phone call or something. I have been a loyal customer up until now but I am starting to rethink using Goodyear for my automotive needs.

Regards,