Posted on Wednesday, July 21st, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by f78e191f

Company: Farmer's Insurance Co. of California - Farmers billed me $72.42 for the coverage provided by the policy for the time it was in force. I ignored the bills. Then they became more threatening.

Farmer's Insurance Co. of California - Farmers billed me $72.42 "for the coverage provided by the policy for the time it was in force." I ignored the bills. Then they became more threatening.

&#160

Farmer's Insurance Co.

Farmer's Insurance Co. of California

I had auto and household insurance with Farmer's. Rates went up so I switched the auto insurance to AAA. When it came time to renew the household insurance, AAA gave a better rate, so I switched as well.

The auto policy went to the 21st of the month, the household to the 28th.

Getting those to dates confused, I did not start new household insurance with AAA until the 29th of the month.

Farmers billed me $72.42 "for the coverage provided by the policy for the time it was in force." I ignored the bills. Then they became more threatening. I called by agent's office at least 3 times over this matter. He never personally called and talked to me about it. Also, they would not give me a phone number to the service center the billings were coming from.

Finally, I wrote to the service center in Pleansanton, CA, asking how they could charge for coverage I did not ask for, etc. Someone called me after receiving my letter, but I was in the middle of a tutoring session, so she said she would call back after 1pm. She never did. Next thing, I get a notice that the $72.42 has been sent to collections!

To not provide a phone number for a "customer service center" is ridiculous! And to charge over $10 a day for insurance I did not ask for is equally ridiculous!

Now, who can I talk to? How will I ever get this resolved? This is a major factor in my switch of insurance companies--the lousiest "customer service" I have ever experienced!

Portia B Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //