Fine Interiors - Fine Interiors, Akron, OH - Ashley Glen Eagle office Furniture - On March 18, 2004 I purchased $2417.89 worth of furniture. I received my Dinning room table, chairs, and hutch the following Saturday. Had to send back the top part of the hutch and two chai

Posted on Tuesday, July 20th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 18db4517

Product: Ashley Glen Eagle office Furniture

Company: Fine Interiors

Location: 2000 Brittain Road
AKRON, OH, 44310, US

Category: Stores, Shopping

On March 18, 2004 I purchased $2417.89 worth of furniture. I received my Dinning room table, chairs, and hutch the following Saturday. Had to send back the top part of the hutch and two chairs because the wood in them was cracked. About 2 weeks later a new hutch top and one chair was delivered and I was pleased. I also had bought office furniture,Ashley Glen Eagle office Furniture. 4 pieces of the line. all bottom pieces with a two legged desk top that makes the unit look in a "L" shape.

One the 9th week I called the store wondering where's my furniture. They told me that it had shipped from the 4 factory and would be in, in two weeks.I called back on the 12th week and complained that I was making my final payment and still haven't received my furniture yet. They said that it shipped but they don't have it yet. They finally called me 1 day short of 14 weeks and said it was in and when can they deliver it.I set up July 17th for delivery.

When they delivered the furniture it was in pieces. The delv guy spoke very little English and I told them I did not order any top pieces of this wall unit/home office furniture.They couldn't figure out how to put it together. They said "missing pieces, call office". They wanted me to sign. Because I had trouble talking with them I wrote on the invoice "This is not what I ordered. Missing pieces! Couldn't put it together. Called the store 1-800 number who told me to call Manny on Monday. I was so upset I went to the store.

The manage, Allison Morris, was very rude.I asked her to see the picture of what I bought and she pulls it out. I look over the SKU number and see that the mistake was by the store who ordered item Ashley H217-22T, while the invoice I signed states Ashley H217-22B. Allison Morris states that the "B" looks like a "T" to her and if I want the other unit I must pay $40.00 more in exchange. I refuse! I waited 16 weeks for furniture that was supposed to take 3 to 8 weeks and now they want me to pay $40.00 more to fix their mistake. So now I'm stuck with furniture that I can't put together.

Allison tried to tell me at first that the bottom piece cost $40.00 more then the bottom. I told her I paid for the bottom piece. It said "B". I said prove it. The invoice isn't itemized. I agreed on this price for this furniture. She said that she would itemize it but then decided couldn't do that and tore up the paper.

I love the furniture. I hate the service. Never pay for some thing until you get it when dealing with furniture companies. Never sign for something and make them take it back if you are not satisfy. I should have never signed, even though I made the comment it wasn't the right pieces. I did not know how to say, put back in truck, in Spanish. I'm not done with this. I will get $40.00 worth of bad mouthing the store and tell everyone my experience.

Leah