Posted on Tuesday, July 20th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 52f5c242

Company: Philip Morris / Basic cigarettes - Several months ago, I placed an order through the Basic Catalog of free items. I have once again been reminded that nothing is what it seems. I followed all procedures by mailing in the required number of UPC codes as

Philip Morris / Basic cigarettes - Several months ago, I placed an order through the Basic Catalog of "free" items. I have once again been reminded that nothing is what it seems. I followed all procedures by mailing in the required number of UPC codes as well as my check to cover shipping/handling. At about the time my order should have been delivered, I receive a letter from Philip Morris/Basic that they couldn't produce the order because of a slight change in address Philip Morris / Basic cigarettes - Scam

Several months ago, I placed an order through the Basic Catalog of "free" items. I have once again been reminded that nothing is what it seems. I followed all procedures by mailing in the required number of UPC codes as well as my check to cover shipping/handling. At about the time my order should have been delivered, I receive a letter from Philip Morris/Basic that they couldn't produce the order because of a slight change in address.

I understood this, so I mailed a copy of the letter that I received from my County office explaining that because of rezoning, my house number had changed. I mailed this to Basic as they had requested. Well, they somehow lost this information I sent (I sent both my County letter & UPC codes via UPS so that I had a tracking number & a name!) to them.

I phoned them and I was assured the error was theirs & it would be taken care of. Lo and behold, I receive a letter today stating that they couldn't process the order because they don't have my info. I was given a supervisor who still couldn't help even though it was clearly an order entry/data problem...not mine.

Just be warned...I emailed Philip Morris and I'm sure I will not respond, but I feel better knowing that they have lost a customer in myself. To top it all off, I am a Quality Assurance Director at my personal place of employment and felt very good with myself knowing that my company doesn't treat customers in this manner. If we did, someone would be fired!

Julie

Salineville, OH

julie m Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //

d0f51e2b, 2008-01-11, 02:32PM CST

Today, I received "return to sender" my 60 Basic USP codes back via U.S. Mail because the P.O. Box Basic (Philip Morris) was using for a $10 discount coupon promotion has been closed. Apparently they have stopped the program or moved with no forwarding address. So much for being reliable! Time to switch brands or do the unthinkable-quit.

7833b07e, 2008-02-20, 12:36PM CST

I have had a similiar experience as Julie...only they just lost my upc's....tough....all that work. I think they sent me an ashtray....or....keep on smoking!

I think some of their employees are actually against smoking and like to mess with those who do...I haven't even recieved my $3.00/off per carton coupons.

00394547, 2008-05-17, 05:57PM CDT

I received a "free" portable ashtray and a few days ago a "free" salt and pepper set shaped like the head and tail of a fish as well as coupons along with a Christmas Carols CD last year but have submitted my UPC's to get other merchandise a couple of time, which none have I ever received. I suppose they think the "freebie's" that are sent out with coupons randomly should take the place of the items we save the UPC's for?!? Time for a change or quit!

1981c1bb, 2008-06-14, 09:30AM CDT

Does anyone have a phone to contact them.. I sent my coupons in and received a letter back stating they could/wouldn not honor them, however the kept my upc;s... I want them back@!

cc0f4e35, 2008-07-05, 02:03PM CDT

That is really strange because I have ordered stuff through the Basic Catalog on numerous occasions and have always received my stuff promptly. And when I didnt I just called and spoke with a person on the phone and they sent it right out.

Paula

Missouri

813b96f2, 2008-08-01, 10:24PM CDT

I recieved a catalog and saved my UPC codes but don't have an address where to send them. Could somesone please reply back to me. I was saving for a zippo lighter and as I said I haver them but I don't haver an address or know what to do know. You can contact me at; [email protected] Thank you very much.

f6d20242, 2008-09-12, 09:36AM CDT

i need a catalog for my basic cigarettes upc to order items why can't i redeem my upc.

b9a0b3c5, 2008-09-16, 07:06PM CDT

i

put a order in for the horse shoes and i have not recived them yet i buy your brand regular and if you offer something to someone you should respect them and send them there stuff

101d1db9, 2009-01-06, 08:27PM CST

I have sent to them 3 times and have received what I ordered every time. You do have to follow the directions exactly! But thats how it works with most mail-ins! They make it complicated figuring that most people wont take the time!

128e36c3, 2009-01-26, 05:46PM CST

Well after reading all your complaints. I am a little worried. I have over 300 UPC and am affraid to send them in because they might be thrown away and I will recieve no credit for them.

joe

Dalton Ga.

a5db5083, 2009-02-13, 02:56PM CST

On Feb. 13, 2009 I spoke with a Phillip Morris customer service rep who stated the upc/catalog program (Basic) had been discontinued. Facing a $6.00 per carton in WVa cigarette tax I was anxious to obtain $10.00 off coupons with the more than 500 upcs I have on hand but guess thanks to Phillip Morris this isn't going to happen (getting coupons).

f96446c0, 2009-06-24, 07:10PM CDT

I had the exact same thing happen with Marlboro. I turned in my coupons. They first said I gave them the wrong address. (which I gave them a pre-printed label). Next time I called they said I wrote down a different address. Then another time they said my handwriting was too sloppy to read (for the 3rd time I told them I used a pre-printed address label. I filed a BBB complaint since I paid $15.00 at the time also. They resolved the complaint after a few months and send me a coupon for a free carton as long as I would close the complaint. File a BBB Complaint, it gets a response fast :)

40df59e8, 2009-06-28, 07:10AM CDT

I have recieved the fish salt and pepper shakers and I sent in for the ash tray and got that too. I also recieved my coupons for 2.00 off a pack of basic's and coupons for .75 off a pack and for 3.00 off for a carton. So far I have recieved everything and as for the ash tray they had the wrong name on the envalope and we called them to correct it and they did and we recieved the ash tray. I guess so far so good for us at this moment. I never save the UPC to send in, but maybe I won't try that tho. Good luck.

Sincerely Lisa

27754b77, 2009-08-22, 11:32AM CDT

I have been smoking Basics for several years and have always received coupons, etc. in the mail. I never had to ask for them or anything, they just come every 2-3 months. I have ordered from 3 of their catalogs over that time and have always received my merchandise. Here is the list of items that I have gotten with UPC symbols:

3 DVD players

1 Blanket

2 Glass and Wood Ashtrays

1 Man's Shirt

1 Coat

1 Hooded Sweatshirt

1 Gold and Silver set of Horseshoes

1 Shakespear Rod and Reel Fishing Kit

I have also received the fish salt and pepper shakers and other books, etc. that were sent free. More stuff than I can remember.

Only twice did I have to wait a couple of months for something because it was backordered due to high demand, but the merchandise always came.

I am sorry for those who have had a difficult time, but felt it was only fair to record my experience.

Kathy

Woodstock, GA

79d6a49b, 2009-08-24, 03:14PM CDT

That's really hard to believe,Ive sent in UPC FOR YEARS without a hitch...Are you sure this isn't a backdoor smear ploy against our beloved BASIC ???

04bc8173, 2010-02-19, 09:39AM CST

I have been searching every where to find a new rewards catalog for basic any suggestion on where i can find one?

04bc8173, 2010-02-19, 09:41AM CST

I am trying to fine a rewards catalog for basic (new)