Posted on Thursday, July 15th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 26058bff

Company: Dominos Pizza, Washington, DC - I ordered pizza from the Washington, NC Dominos on June 30, 2004. I have been a customer for the past 5 years. On this date, when my pizza arrived, my husband presented the delivery person a check for the amount plus tip. W

Dominos Pizza, Washington, DC - I ordered pizza from the Washington, NC Dominos on June 30, 2004. I have been a customer for the past 5 years. On this date, when my pizza arrived, my husband presented the delivery person a check for the amount plus tip. We were told that he couldn’t accept our check because the number on the check was less than 500

Dominos Pizza Washington, NC I ordered pizza from the Washington, NC Dominos on June 30, 2004. I have been a customer for the past 5 years. On this date, when my pizza arrived, my husband presented the delivery person a check for the amount plus tip. We were told that he couldn’t accept our check because the number on the check was less than 500. I explained to him that my purse was stolen just 2 days prior and I had to cancel my old account and open up a new checking account.

All my credit cards, ATM card, and checking accounts had been closed. I was in the process of waiting for new ones to arrive via mail. He said he could not take the check without his manager’s approval or else he would get fired.

So we called the restaurant and spoke to ‘Jennifer’. I explained my situation. She said that it was the owner’s policy and she could not allow us to have the pizza. So instead of getting paid for the pizza – the delivery person had to return it back to the restaurant and throw it in the trash!! My husband and I have vowed never to patronize this establishment again. We will now get all our pizza from Papa Johns!!!! Mitzi K Washington, NC

mkukahiko &#160 Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //

01c21724, 2007-11-18, 04:38PM CST

you are ridiculous. its not Dominoes fault. most businesses don't accept checks under 500 and b/c Dominoes is a franchise it is owned an operated like a small business and the owner has most likely had problems in the past with this particular situation. You can request that your checks start at 1000. I can't believe you wasted your time writing this. I'm sure your pizza was eaten; do you really think they threw it away? Enjoy PJ's, it's not like Dominoes will miss your business.

49a71d53, 2008-07-27, 01:14AM CDT

This complaint is silly. Establishments are not going to throw out their policies because a Customer can only pay with a check. I use to work at a Store that didn't even accept checks. We also had a policy at another Store I use to work at where we had to close carry outs at 9:00 P.M for safety purposes. I had a Customer tell me they weren't going to order from us anymore because of that, but I don't care, because we aren't going to put our safety at risk just because some Customer doesn't like it. Do you realize the percentage of People who say they aren't going to order from us anymore represents far less than 1% of our callers? Oh, and far less than 1% of those callers who say that do not live up to their words and eventually call us back anyways.

a319b7c8, 2010-04-01, 04:33PM CDT

I learned my lesson a long time ago that when you open a checking account to ask that the checks start at a certain number.