Maytag Neptune Washer and Dryer MAH5500BWW - multiple problems and repairs

Posted on Monday, January 5th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by a66de67a

Company: Maytag Neptune Washer and Dryer MAH5500BWW - multiple problems and repairs

Maytag Neptune Washer and Dryer MAH5500BWW - multiple problems and repairs

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_65592#

Maytag Neptune Washer and Dryer MAH5500BWW

This is the most expensive piece of junk I have ever bought. The set is not even two years old and already Maytag has not so graciously replaced the dryer with a minimum cost of course, then when the "brain" of the washer went out tried to tell us it would cost two hundred dollars plus labor for the repairs because the warranty was out I decided to fix the problem myself.

Now the washer has stopped again. This time it will do everything but spin. Of course by now we all know how to rescue the laundry but enough is enough. This machine cost way too much money to try and fix it yourself. I don't know exactly what to do but I will first try the place I bought it from.

I will call Maytag customer service and get the usual troubleshooting guide for idiots "Is the machine plugged in to a receptacle?" "Is the door closed?" If anyone reading this has the same or similar problems please send an e-mail to COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_65592# I plan on contacting Maytag on a daily basis until this product is recalled and the purchase price is refunded to everyone who got sucked in by the Maytag name. I also have a Maytag Wide by Side refrigerator that makes ice only when it sees fit but that is another story for another time.

Sincerely