Posted on Sunday, February 1st, 2004 at 12:00am CST by c8d2135f

Company: Sony Flatscreen 36 inch HDTV - from Best Buy, Danvers, MA - will never use the delivery service of Best Buy again - don

Sony Flatscreen 36 inch HDTV - from Best Buy, Danvers, MA - will never use the delivery service of Best Buy again - don’t recommend it to anyone unless they just drop the delivery just inside the front door

Complaint about Best Buy

I recently purchased a 36” Sony Flatscreen HDTV. I purchased the TV at the Danvers store in Danvers Massachusetts. I was told that they would give me free delivery and set up. I informed the clerk handling the sale that we lived in a 124 year old historic home and that this would be a difficult delivery down a stairway into the basement family room. The clerk told me that there should be no problem as the delivery guys “do this sort of thing everyday”. I was told that someone from the delivery department would contact me to set up a delivery time.

They called me on Thursday (yesterday) afternoon to secure a time between 9:00 and 11:00 am today (Friday). The two delivery men showed up at about 10:30 and as soon as the first man (Ray from truck 117) came in the house, he asked me if it would be alright for him to sit it just inside the door. I responded to him saying “I was told that you guys would set up the television and connect it for us and get it up and running”.

He groaned and his partner and he asked me where I wanted to T.V. I proceeded to take him to the destination and he saw the stairway (a total of 9 steps) and again he complained about taking the heavy T.V. down the stairs. He then asked me if there was another entrance to the house. I took him through the opposite side of the basement where there was an outside door that was flush with the driveway. Mind you, coming in this way, it would be a longer way than just taking it down the steps, but nevertheless, it was option number 2.

I know that this way is possible because we had an armoire standing 5’ tall and 60” wide brought in via the same route by two delivery guys. I took them outside to show them the entrance and there was a patch of ice approximately