Posted on Friday, January 30th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 0e2556cb

Company: 2000 Lincoln LS - purchased used in Jan., 2002 - told by dealer tha car still had some warranty - warranty had expire

I have a 2000 Lincoln LS that was purchased used in 1/2002, at the time of sale the dealer specified that the remaining warranty on the car was good through 6/2004. In 11/2003 I was experiencing trouble with the transmission and with the front headlight obtaining moisture when the car was washed.

Thinking I still had almost 8 months left on the warranty I took it to the nearest Linclon dealership for service only to learn that the car was put into service in 1999 meaning that the warranty had expired. My personal feeling is that there are a lot of people buying cars that are being told the same information. The car salesman don’t want to lose a deal so they say anything to get your business. THIS IS WRONG! The buyer is entitled to the truth from the beginning.

Finding out the hard way that your warranty has expired has left a bad taste in my mouth for the car sales personnel. I’ll know better next time to request from the service department a copy of the in service date for the VIN # of the car I’m interested in. It’s terrible that people buy $40-50K cars and there are mislead. NRP Hudson, Florida 1/28/04

Nancy R. P

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //