Posted on Sunday, January 25th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 660d7368

Company: Hancock Mortgage - told owed $ 275 appraisal fee and $ 500 mortgage application fee

a mortagage company that tried to take advantage of me and my husband.

MY NAME IS TANYAA. MY HUSBAND AND I WERE TRYING TO PURCHASE A HOME. MY HUSBAND CALLED QUITE A FEW PLACES AND THE ONE COMPANY THAT DID CALL BACK WAS A MORTGAGE COMPANY NAMED HANCOCK MORTGAGE. I WENT DOWN TO THE COMPANY AND THE MAN DID A CREDIT REPORT (I'M LEAVING OUT NAMES RIGHT NOW). ANYWAY HE CALLED AND TOLD ME THAT HE WOULD BE ABLE TO HELP US TRY AND GET A LOAN TO PURCHASE THE HOME. WELL THERE WAS A LOT OF MISCOMMUNICATION ON BOTH OUR PARTS. THE ONE THING THAT I DID EXPLAIN TOHIM THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO ACTUALLY GET THE MONEY THAT WE NEEDED TO HAVE FOR A DOWN PAYMENT.

I PERSONALLY WANTED TO WAIT UNTIL THE NEW YEAR THAT WAY I COULD HAVE THAT MONEY. THAT I NEEDED BUT THE PRESSURE WAS PUT ON ME THAT WE COULD TRY TO GET THIS TOGETHER BEFORE THT END OF THE YEAR.

WELL I FIGURED THAT ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE MY HUSBAND AND I WOULD HAVE TO MAKE SOME SACREFIES. BECAUSE WE WANTED TO BE ABLE TO HAVE SOMETHING THAT WE COULD CALL OUR OWN . SOMETHING THAT WE CAN SAY THAT WE ACCOMPLISHED FOR OUR CHILDREN TO HAVE WHEN THEY GROW UP. WELL THE MAN TOLD ME THAT WE NEEDED TO GET AN APPRAISAL WHICH HE SAID WOULD BE $275.OO.

THIS MAN CAMETO MY PALCE OF EMPLOYMENT AND PICKED UP $200.00 OF THAT $275.00. IN THE PROCESS OF THAT, THAT'S WHEN HE DECIDED TO TELL ME ABOUT A APPLICATION FEE SOMETHING HE SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME AT THE TIME I HAD THE VERY FIRST MEETING.

HE GAVE MY AND MY HUSBAND THREE DIFFERENT QUOTES $150, THEN $250, AND THE LAST QUOTE WAS $500. WELL AFTER I HAD GIVEN HIM ALL THE MONEY HE NEEDED FOR THE APPRASIAL I CONTINUED TO CONTACT HIM IN REGARDS OF FINDING OUT WHEN THE IT WAS GOING TO BE DONE. NO REPLY FOR ABOUT A COUPLE OF WEEKS FINALLY I GOT IN CONTACT WITH HIM AND HE TOLD ME THAT HE WOULD CALL ME BACK TO LET ME KNOW WHEN HE COULD GET SOMEONE TO COME OUT TO APPRAISE THE HOUSE.

WEL THEN IT TOOK ANOTHER ONE OR SO. THEN WHEN I CONTACTED HIM HE TOLD ME THAT THE PERSON WHO WOULD APPRAISE THE HOUSE SUGGESTED THAT WE SHOULD WAIT UNTIL THE NEW YEAR COMES IN . I TOLD MY HUSBAND OF THE CONVERSATIONS AND I BROUGHT UP THE APP FEE AND I TOLD HIM THAT I NEEDED TO LOOK INTO FINDING OUT IF AN APP FEE COULD RUN CLOSE TO $500. AND MY HUSBAND WAS UPSET HE SAID THERE IS NO WAY YOUR GOING TO PAY $500 FOR A APP FEE. HE COULD THE COMPANY AND SPOKE WITH THE SO CALLED MANAGER. AND MY HUSBANDS EXPRESSED HIS CONCERN. COME TO FIND OUT THAT THERE COMPANY DON'T EVEN CHARGE AN APP FEE.

WELL THE MANAGER ACTED LIKE HE WAS CONCERNED. HE HAD A CONVERSATION WITH THIS MAN AND THE MAN SAID HE NEVER TOLD US NO SUCH THING AND HE NEVER CAME TO MY JOB TO PICK UP ANY MONEY.

AND I WROTE OUT AN RECEIPT AND HE SIGNED IT. KNOW I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT MY MONEY WOULD BE REFUNDED TO ME. AND HAV GOTTEN NOTHING BUT THE RUN AROUND. I WENT DOWN TO THE COMPANY TO PICK UP MY MONEY TODAY AND NO SHOW NOTHING BUT THE RUN AROUND. AND I WAS TOLD THAT HE WAS GOING TO CALL THE COPS. BUT I CALLED THE COPS ON HIM. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME. THIS COMPANY CAN NOT GET AWAY WITH TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO HAVE THE DREAM OF OWNING THERE OWN HOME AND THEN YOU TREAT THEM AS IF THEY DID SOMETHING WRONG. I DON'T WANT WHAT HAPPENED TO ME TO HAPPEN TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS TRYING TO PURCHASE THERE FIRST HOME. THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE EXPOSED . PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

STRESSED AS HELL TANYAA

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //

25f01998, 2010-12-21, 05:50PM CST

Note: This is not Hancock Mortgage of Texas.