2001 Pontiac Grand AM - found coolant in oil - manifold gasket leaking

Company: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM - found coolant in oil - manifold gasket leaking

2001 Pontiac Grand AM - found coolant in oil - manifold gasket leaking

From: Shelton [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_65199#]

2001 pontiac grand am

I purchased a brand new 2001 Grand Am. Last spring my low coolant light came on, so I stopped by the dealer to see if it should be looked at. The employee that checks in your car, popped my hood and took a look and said that it was probably just a sensor and to keep an eye on any leaks. If I didnt see a leak, then it was just a sensor and I could either get it replaced or live with the coolant light coming on.

Over the last 9 months or so, I never saw a leak, but my coolant light would come on occasionally. The last couple months, I noticed the light coming on more frequently, so I checked my over-flow tank and the coolant was down a little, so I added some coolant. Last week, the light came on and stayed on, so I checked my over-flow tank once again and it was empty.

I then took it for an oil change and pressure check and that is when I found out I had coolant in my oil! My car is now at the dealer(warranty is over..I have 48,000 miles). I was told today that it is the manifold gasket that is leaking. This shouldn't be happening.

I havent gotten a price yet, but I am trying to get compensation from GM. I have printed out the complaints on this site to take with me as "ammunition". I will not give up the fight. If anyone out there needs some support, you can email me at

COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_65199#