Posted on Sunday, January 18th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by a66de67a

Company: Westlake Financial Services - auto loan - problem with the representatives handling the account

From: Javier Mendez [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_65272#]

THIS COMPANY (Westlake Financial Services) SUCKS!

I have retained a auto loan from Westlake Financial Services for a vehicle I purchased in 2002. Let me tell you as per previous comments and poor customer service,I can relate....There was a problem with the represenatives handling the account...

Not only were they very rude and obnoxious, but when I didn't wish to speak to them anymore due to the " cold heart attitudes" of the alleged "customer service" agents, they started to do normal skiptracing procedures like any other company would. See here's the thing though, **When attempting to aquire location information on my behalf, they really messed up!...I do owe money to them, unfortunately, and have not been able to make my monthly payments on time due to unemployment. BUT, is it not within my rights to come to a mutual and realistic agreement towards the remander balance owed?

The fact of the matter is, is that, their agents violated FDCPA laws by disclosing that there was a debt owed to them by me for the vehicle. (3rd Party Disclosure)

Unfortunately in the state of California you cannot record a conversation without the consent of the other entity involved. The unfortunate thing is that, once I attempted to get the agents' permission to record the conversation...they refused to speak to me and hung-up!

I need HELP!!!

I now get calls from Westlake Financial Services to my mothers' home stating I owe for a vehicle. My friends are calling me and asking me if everything is alright because due to

the 3rd Party Discolsure violations they are commiting, my reputation is now ruined.

I am going to pay MY OBLIGATION to them but feel that anyone else who has been having similar problems with this company to PLEASE COME FORWARD and get these guys to start playing by the rules.

Sincerly,

"The Fair Debtor"

The above message is Complaints.com Consumer Message # 7 January 17, 2004

80aa1887, 2009-02-15, 08:38AM CST

I can relate to everything you are saying. I have had all the same things happen to me, plus they called one day and asked me if I would like a deferment on my payment and I was like "Yeah". When he faxed the paper to me, they took it upon themselves to refinance my loan, it went from $9000 to almost $14000. I didn't want to lose my car, so I signed the paper and returned it. I'm in the process of finding a lawyer that will handle a class action lawsuit against them, so if you are interested, please email me at [email protected]

80aa1887, 2009-06-12, 03:04PM CDT

Hi fair Debtor,

My name is Jennifer, I live in PA and also had the same problems as you. About a week ago they repo'd my car....I now can breathe a sigh of relief. I told them 5 months ago to come get the car since my husband and I were losing our jobs, they refused.

I searched for lawyers to file a class action lawsuit against them but have had NO replies...figures

All I can do now is file bankruptcy so I won't owe them the remaining balance after they sell my car at the auction.

Good luck with them, they are RUDE, very rude

ff4b9009, 2009-06-23, 02:38PM CDT

I am relating to everything everyone is saying. I am going through that problem now with them. I brought a Tahoe back in Nov. 2008, if I known then what I know now I would have never finance with them. They have left messages on my parents phone stating they was come to pick up and I don't stay there.I used there name and number as a reference and I don't thank that was professional them leaving a message like that on a reference answer machine. And I was only a few days late. They change my payment date from the date on the contract without my permission and wanted me to make a payment on the 17th of the original contract date and the 4th of the next month where they changed it. That would had been like two payments in a two week time.I've had two representative cursed me and my mother out. I told them they don't have to curse me because I didn't curse them. I've had one representative told me he didn't have to listen to me, when I mention to him about another worker there. I told him I thought customers come first, he told me I was wasting his time. I feel as though they are very rude and not able to talk polite to there customers. I told them to come pick up there vehicle, I'm still waiting for them to come. I rather not deal with a company like that and I would not refer anyone to them because it's always something with that company. That's only a few problems I've had with them. I'm hoping that something can be done about Westlake because customers do come first.

9a6e3ba4, 2009-07-21, 12:47PM CDT

Cherokee...any luck yet with the lawyer? I have filed complaints with the FTC as well as our Attorney General in PA-Tom Corbet. I also feel that based on the quickness of my phone complaints they are all too familiar with this company. I would be so excited to learn that a class action law suit has been filed against them so I too could resolve/dissolve my relationship with them. I have been dealing with credit issues since 2002 when I became disabled...I have resolved some issues because the companies were willing to work with me on a level that was constructive for both parties and then I have let others go that were unwilling to show human compassion...this company however, is RUTHLESS..their tactics are beyond comprehensable...obviously I need to retain my car...if for nothing else but my sanity. I do truly "feel" for all of you as well as others dealing with this company, so please do not hesitate to contact me should you like to brainstorm about our options/ "rights". I am actively looking in the Pittsburgh Area for an attorney that will bite. : ) - Email: [email protected]

0c443f20, 2009-09-14, 04:51PM CDT

Did they ever reposses you vehicle? If they did how long did it take them to do so? Don't they have to wait 30 days before they can begin the repossession process?

45c1d5cb, 2009-10-09, 10:35AM CDT

Westlake is the rudest company I have ever dealt with in my life. I will not recommend anybody giving them business because they are real rude and not polite at all.

8a0dd359, 2010-03-09, 06:56PM CST

i have a loan with westlake as well. they are the most rude and idiotic people i have ever talked to. i have never in my life talked to anyone more dumb than these people. i purchased a vehicle about 6 months ago and it has been nothing but trouble with these people. might i add they need to learn communication skills. i had to defer a payment due to doctor bills and after doing so they would call 2 and 3 times a day asking for a payment when it had been defered for over a week. it's insane how one department doesn't know what the other is doing!!! i was tired of not only the calling but a huge interest rate so i refinanced the vehicle with a local bank. and it has been nothing but hell still with westlake. the truck has been refincanced for over 2 weeks and they are stating they still haven't recieved a payment moreless the payoff check. so i had my bank stop payment on that check and overnight them a new one. and still after two days they are still stating they haven't recieved a check. i will never let me repeat NEVER deal with these idiots again!!!

f2e229a5, 2010-06-09, 05:21PM CDT

i recently had my vehicle rpossed by this company. I used all my savings trying to make payments. my loan would have been paid out in 8 months. my wife lost her job and i am disabled. we went thru a refinance procedure with them and on the day the payment was to be made they repossed the truck the nite before. i lost all my belongings that was in the truck, my meds i keep in the truck, my walking cane and my tools. they refused to talk with me and said we had to make three payments upfront before we could retrieve our vehicle. i can relate to you. this company needs to be out of business!!!