Posted on Saturday, January 17th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by a66de67a

Company: AT&T Wireless - thought agreement would be for one year, not two - 30 day trial over, not allowed to cancel service without paying to break contract

From: Maheshwar Phatak (Consultant) [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_65294#]

AT&T - 30 Days Trial - Cheating

I bought a new AT&T phone on THE MOBILE SOLUTION stall on Dec’5,2003 and got a new number after activation. I didn’t like the C56 model and therefore I went to the stall and exchanged my phone with a new Nokia 3595 phone. When I asked about the completion of 30 days (trial), he said the 30 days will be completed on Jan’18, 2004.

Today, on Jan’15, 2004 when I went to stall they told me that my 30 days are over on 5th of Jan’2004. I was surprised. Moreover, they registered me for two year agreement, whereas they never talked to me about agreement period.

I thought that the agreement would be for 1 year as usual. Later on, I called AT&T Customer Service but it was hard enough to reach somebody. Fortunately I got connected to one of the representative and explained him the entire situation. After holding for a long time and big conversation, he refused to cancel my service because my 30 days are over.

Somehow he reduced my contract period from 2 years to 1 year, by waiving off the credit he gave me for 2 year contract. Even the talk with Resolution representative, it didn’t work out and now I have to keep this AT&T phone for an year. Bad luck to me!

Always check following before buying a phone

1. Contract Period

2. Activation fee and discount eligibility

3. Get a new contract when you change the phone

4. keep in mind that you are going to get a bill for AT&T for each and every call. Nothing is free!

The above message is Complaints.com Consumer Message # 16 January 16, 2004