Posted on Friday, January 16th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by a66de67a

Company: RCN - incorrectly told by RCN that cable TV company RCN had BET and The Word 24 hour preaching - this programming isn't shown

From: F.S. [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_65331#]

a complaint on RCN

Before my husband and I signed up for RCN I asked the sales person if they had BET and THE WORD (24 hour preaching), she said yes.

NO they didn't have THE WORD, we could have waited to get BET from another company if we had known sooner!!!

We received internet, telephone and cable from RCN and no WORD!!!

The billing from day one was wrong!!! I paid with a master card they gave me a confirmation number. The next bill came it was doubled. The confirmation number didn't matter, said it's just given to the customer to let them know we got their information, not that the card went throught (that was a first for me!!!) Anytime I pay a bill a confirmation number is given because they took the payment right then and there! So we from there had made double payments and over payments and still no WORD!!!

RCN has horrible service and customer service and just stick to Comcast or the Dish!

Oh yeah, RCN says we still owe them!

The above message is Complaints.com Consumer Message # 29 January 15, 2004