Symantec Norton Antivirus - from Staples - delay in receiving rebates due

Posted on Thursday, January 15th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by a66de67a

Company: Symantec Norton Antivirus - from Staples - delay in receiving rebates due

Symantec Norton Antivirus - from Staples - delay in receiving rebates due

From: Lois Rose [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_26124#]

refund on nortonantivirus

Lois Rose

COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_26124#

Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

I sent 2 rebates in to symantec and staples on Aug.22. I received a postcard saying one was being processed and I needed to send the UPC code by Nov. 15. I was out of town until Dec. 23 so I e mailed the company and asked them to call me to extend the expiration date. I received 4 emails telling me someone would call me. Didn't happen . So on Dec 23 I called 1-800-494-8825 and was told that one was processed on Nov. 14 and to wait 6-8 weeks before calling back.

The other one was processed Dec. 17 and would take 6-8 weeks to process. Today(Jan. 13) I called and was told the one for Nov 14 expired and the other one was sent Octo.20. I still do not have anything....I told them that I was calling the Better Business Bureau and Ohio State Atty. Genersl Office If something wasn"t done.

Now I have been told to wait on the November one because it was mailed Dec. 30 and should be here by Jan. 29. The other one is being processed and will be here 6-8 weeks from Dec. 17. If they do not arrive I will make my calls. This is fraud and deceit in my mind. LR

The above message is Complaints.com Consumer Message # 27 January 14, 2004