Posted on Sunday, January 11th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by a66de67a

Company: 1996 Daimler Chrysler Dodge Neon - paint peeling off in sheets - told by Daimler Chrysler that car is out of warranty and no help is given

From: Cloverdale Center for Health [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_65447#]

chrysler / dodge

The paint on my 1996 neon is peeling off in sheets. I have e-mailed daimler chrysler with this complaint and was informed that they are not willing to do anything about this problem as the car is no longer under warranty. I then e-mailed them again to point out that when this problem first occured it was under warranty and was taken to the dealership and "fixed".

This is obviously not the case as my car has a large portion of the paint missing. The representative at daimler chrysler e-mailed me back with almost the exact same response as the first one. I even cut and pasted the "mission statement" from the daimler chrysler home page to the e-mail that I sent them hoping that they would read it and realize that they were not abiding by what they promise.

I am very disappointed in the outcome as I feel it only fair that daimler chrysler cover the cost of a complete new paint job.

Rachelle