Posted on Tuesday, February 10th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by c96fe05d

Company: Servant Cab Co. - Yellow Cab Co. - Capital Cab Co., Lincoln, NE - rude service experience

Servant Cab Co., Lincoln, NE

Servant Cab Co. (DOING BUSINESS AS YELLOW CAB CO. - CAPITAL CAB CO.)

320 West "P" Street

Lincoln, NE 68528-1538

Subject: Letter to the Editor/Opinion Piece!

I am a 74-year-old woman. Late Friday afternoon (2/6/2004), after taking taxi and bus to my doctor's office, a hair appointment, and a stop at the bank, I did some grocery shopping at Russ's IGA Market at East Park. One of the gentleman employees asked if he could take my groceries to my car for me. No, thank you, I said, I have to wait for a cab. Okay, he said, taking my full bags from the cart, "I'll just put these over here (on the bench) and you can sit here to wait." I thanked him and walked over to the customer service desk and asked the girl there if she would call a taxi for me.

Of course, she replied, and went to the telephone. She dialed. We waited. And waited. Finally I asked, did they put you on hold? She shook her head, no ... "It's ringing ... " "That's not a good sign!" I said. Moments later, I saw that she was talking to someone. As she hung up, she turned to me with a wry smile, saying, "It'll be an hour and a half." I groaned and said, well, I'm going to go back and get a scandal magazine to read while I'm waiting!" It was 4:15. It was snowing. Again.

I settled down on the bench beside my groceries to read and wait. It's impossible to see through the windowless wall area in front of the bench, but past experience has told me that the drivers always come into the store and ask if I am waiting for a cab. About 45 minutes later, I was thinking how tired and hungry I was, with still another 45 minutes to wait. I looked up as a short, dark-haired, dark-complexioned man walked up to me and asked if I was waiting for a cab. It was 5 o'clock.

"Yes!" I exclaimed, "Oh, good! I'm so glad you're here!" As he gathered up my bags of groceries, he kept saying, in a heavy accent, "I've been waiting out there for five or six minutes! I think someone is coming out." But I couldn't see you, I protested.

The drivers always come inside, I added. Even after I'd gotten settled in the back seat of the cab, he still was repeating the same complaint, and I, my explanations. I gave him my address, then repeated it when it seemed that he hadn't understood ... adding, "Chateau Gardens." And off we went ... and kept going ... north! I said, "I don't recognize this ... this isn't right!" We were in Bethany.

He pointed to a large apartment building on the corner and said, isn't this where you're going? "No, no," I said and repeated my address, enunciating carefully, twice more. Oh, he said, 800 ... okay, that's eight blocks north! Telling me that he had turned off the meter at $4.40, he turned a corner and headed down first one unplowed side street and then another. We slid around and nearly got stuck. Once again, I had no idea where we were. When we finally ended up on Vine Street, I pointed out my building just across Bethany Park.

What a relief when he finally pulled up in front of the building's front door! I handed him a $5.00 bill, saying, "Let's just call it $5.00." He thanked me and then sat there, waiting. I scrambled to gather up my somewhat cumbersome, bulky bags, handles tied together. He waited. Finally, just as I had them all clutched into my gnarled, arthritic fingers, he asked if I needed help. Irritated, I replied, no, I can manage. But then, laden down, with my heavy over-the-shoulder bag on my right side and four bags of groceries gripped in my left hand, I found I couldn't seem to get out of the cab. My right hand reached to find a handhold, something to grasp for support ... my right foot attempting to get a foothold on the snowy, slippery drive. I thought I surely was going to fall.

Somehow, I clumsily struggled out of the cab. He sat and waited. Just before I slammed the door, I exclaimed, "You're something else! I hope I never get you again!" Whether he heard and understood this, I'll never know! "What an idiot!" I fumed, as I carefully picked my way to the door. HE scolded me because I hadn't seen the cab and hadn't come out when he parked in front of the store. HE got us lost. And HE couldn't be bothered to help an old woman with her grocery bags. It was 5:20 p.m. But I was home, thankfully.

Lincoln, NE 68505-2278

Naomi Long H

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //

fc68e612, 2010-01-12, 08:10AM CST

I am uphauled!

I call a cab last night and his name was Terry.

Roght from the get go he's pissed b/c he can't get outta my driveway. I try to tell him how to get out of my drive, he's pissed off cuz I'm telling him how to drive. I was not telling him how to drive, I was explaining the dip in my drive and how in icy weather to get over it!

Then, he proceeds on the drive to complain about everything and anything. After about a mile I say he is hostile and I don't feel safe and want to get out and will pay for the amount this far. He refused! He kept driving against my will and was getting more hostile! In three red lights and 2 gas stations I persisted he let me out there and I'd pay, he would not let me out!!!

After the third red light and a feeling of threaten over all this, I jumped out of the van and called the police who gave me a safe ride to where I needed to go. This asshole showed up twice at the residence I was at to collect payment, which I did. FIRE THIS ASSHOLE!

fc68e612, 2010-01-12, 08:12AM CST

I am uphauled!

I call a cab last night and his name was Terry.

After the third red light and a feeling of threaten over all this, I jumped out of the van and called the police who gave me a safe ride to where I needed to go. This asshole showed up twice at the residence I was at to collect payment, which I did. FIRE THIS GUY!!

fc68e612, 2010-01-12, 11:25PM CST

I am and WILL press charges and have a police report of the event last night with "TERRY".

That irresponsible screw up has no business providing a safe ride to ANYONE!

I'm filing another police report, wherein that screw up collected $20.86 for doing no more than terrorizing me for 15 minutes!!!!

I've never feared for my life more than with that FU UP!!

I'm sueing you're company!

Lisa Study