Planet Fitness, Cherry Hill, NJ - felt pressured into signup

Posted on Saturday, February 7th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 1290e523

Company: Planet Fitness, Cherry Hill, NJ - felt pressured into signup

Planet Fitness, Cherry Hill, NJ - felt pressured into signup

Planet Fitness Cherry Hill, NJ

I happened to stumble across a complaint put in against Planet Fitness. I have to say that I too was extremely pressured into signing up for their gym. The staff there were extremely unfriendly, and very impatient with me.

I was made to believe that the deal they were giving out was for one day only and if I had left to discuss this with my boyfriend, who was going to sign up with me, I would be unable to receive this offer. I had informed them that I would be back to sign up, but wanted to discuss the money issue with him, as we would be paying together.

They were most rude at this point, stating that "I would not be a good candidate for their gym b/c I am not ready to commit." I'm as good of a candidate as any, I have money to pay them.

As far as gym equipment goes, they are more then well stocked, but as far as customer service goes, they are extremely lacking. Not to mention their prices are some of the highest around. s, stephanie

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //

bd93ebb6, 2007-11-27, 09:45AM CST

If rudeness/pressure isn't bad enough, how about a physical assault threat? I used to workout at the York PA, Planet Fitness. I started there because it was 10 bucks a month and a friend recommended that I go there. On the Friday after thanksgiving 2007 in the morning, I was confronted by one of the staff members, a 19 year old punk called "Will" ,that I was grunting. Well, grunting and breathing are two different things and I am sure PF doesn't train their idiotic staff in that. The guy totally lost it when i explained the difference, threatened me with comments like, "you don't know who I am", "Meet me outside". It is one thing to have a disagreement and another for an employee to threaten you with assault.

The sensible trainer at the gym intervened and cooled the punk down. Needless to say, that experience left a bad taste in my mouth and I quit. This gym, if it continues to have this "no grunt" policy and hires idiots, is a disaster waiting to happen. Take your serious workout somewhere else.