Posted on Friday, February 6th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by a7e87c20

Company: Citifinancial Mortage - mortage sold to Citifinancial from Morequity - lost use of $ 800 paid in escrow property tax for at least 30 days

citifinancial mortgage

I purchased a home in Jan 2003. My mortgage was immediately sold from Morequity, Inc to Citifinancial Mortgage. When I closed I put 800 in escrow for 4 months of property taxes.

Morequity transferred this to Citifinancial. Recently I got an Annual Escrow Account Disclosure

Statement from Citifinancial.

They said I had 0 beginning balance. I called and talked to around 8 different people, I faxed them proof that I had 800 in my account and they all told me I was wrong.

I finally got someone on the phone that I had to make look for my money and she found it. It was there

all along but now they say it takes 30 days to redo my account and I still have to pay the extra money

they added on to my mortgage payment to pay for their mistake.

This doesn't seem right to me. I faxed them a letter to close my escrow account and I sent them the correct figures and it only took me a few minutes, not 30 days. Susie J

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //