Posted on Thursday, February 5th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 100609a1

Company: 1997 Dodge Diesel pickup truck - 3/4 ton - truck won't start - so far unable to figure out problem

Dodgecumminsdieseltruck

I have a 1997 Dodge Diesel pickup truck, 3/4 ton. It has been in the repair shop for almost a month. The mechanics at the shop, Scheers motors, in Grayling , Michigan, are at a lost as to what is wrong. After checking with Chrysler Technical, they were told that the only other thing possibly wrong would be the fuel liftup pump.

After having that installed at the cost of $430 when we went to pick the truck up it would not start again. Now we are out $430 and still don’t have a truck to drive. Don’t know what to do from this point. We feel Daimler Chrysler should pick up this cost as the truck is still in the repair shop and the problem still not resolved

Sharon S

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //

3990d16f, 2009-06-16, 04:53PM CDT

hi my name is Leo this engine sounds like a 5.9 diesel p/s please let me say this your mechanic doesn't no shit about diesel engines and the dealer is dum as fuck.all diesel engines run on a basic guide line a true diesel mechanic should be able to get any diesel engine running in half hour or a understanding what the problem is. I'm 41 with 23 years of all kinds of diesel engine background shit.but first i need a little info from you .does it smoke white when cranking engine. does it sound like its trying to start. give me as much info as you can .