George Foreman Grill - after the second use - Teflon started peeling off

Posted on Tuesday, February 3rd, 2004 at 12:00am CST by a83abb97

Company: George Foreman Grill - after the second use - Teflon started peeling off

George Foreman Grill - after the second use - Teflon started peeling off

We wanted a Formen grill terribly. Our family chip in and bought us one and after only the second use, the Teflon started peeling off. Although we still use it, we are very disappointed with the workmanship.

Don P

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //

Cass_Hellawes C., 2013-05-03, 02:55PM CDT

I have a George Foreman 20 Cup Rice Cooker. I bought it after a friend mentioned the product to me, she was thinking of getting one. I bought one at what I thought was a sale price (Nearly $50) to replace my previous cooker that I'd owned for years. It seemed like a great multi-use appliance BUT the Teflon coating began peeling off immediately during the first use. I'd thought at first that the rice had burned, thinking perhaps I hadn't used enough water or something... That wasn't the problem. The coating flakes were all through the rice and I had to throw out the whole batch. Unfortunately, it sat in my cupboard for months before this first use and since it had been so long and I didn't even have the receipt anymore I couldn't even return it. I've only kept it this long because I intended to contact the company regarding the horrible experience and/or to show people who mention anything Foreman to me. Ingesting Teflon coatings can cause serious health problems and I've been actively looking for a place a where I can post photos of the bubbled & peeling cooking surface coating to warn potentatial buyers before they waste their money like I did.