AOL - AOL - account holder passed away - trouble closing account of woman that passed away

Posted on Friday, February 13th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 6824cde1

Company: AOL

Category: Internet Services

My Mother passed away so I called AOL to cancel her account. Was given the run around and because I couldn't give the representative her "secret code" they would be unable to close the account. Then they asked me for her address to verify. When I gave them this information I was told they did have this information - it was the wrong address. Meanwhile there was a package delivered from AOL in her name at that address. I told them that no further payments would be made to this account. The representative wanted me to reload the AOL software onto my Mothers computer so that her account could be updated. I explained that I did not wish to do this, I just wanted her account closed. I was again told this was not possible. My brother called them two days later - got the exact same run around. THEN to top it off received a fax from AOL saying that we had wished to extend my mothers service to other members of the family. Unbelievable!!!! I have written a letter to them with a copy of the fax AGAIN stating that her account is to be closed.

G, Devon