Academy Collations Services - Academy Collations Services - I was contacted by Academy Collections Services in regards to an outstanding bill from Citi bank on my MasterCard. I was consistently contact by ACS collector, Kim Johnson.

Posted on Saturday, December 4th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 0271d0d6

Company: Academy Collations Services

Category: Business, Finances

She advised me in order for me to keep my account with her I would need to give her my bank information and secure a check over the phone in the amount of $100.00. The total amount I owed was about 11,000.00 and was will to make a payment arrangement to clear of the amount. I gave her my check number and bank routing numbers and waiting for that check to clear the bank. The check did hit my bank but in the full amount of 9,600.00 using the same check number I intended the $100.00 check to clear on that date. I was quite mad and pissed off to learn this from my bank. I contacted Kim Johnson and ask why the full balance was taken out of my account, she said I authorized the transaction. I stated that the transaction was for the amount of $100.00 to hold the account and she said that was not correct. I spoke to her supervisor and he mentioned that it was to bad...and by the way we gave you a break on the amount you owed anyway. In fact he laughed at me and my situation regarding this screw up on there part. I have talked to numorous supervisors and even made an attempt to call the president of

ACS and have had no response. I've tried talking to the legal dept and

nothing in return. I contact the agent in charge in Philadelphia, pa regarding wire fraud and they said they could not help me. I have since hired my own attorney to send them a letter stating our position and for them to return my money.....The letter was sent Sept 24. 2004 and still no reply.... I contacted my back...BANK ONE, which stated there was nothing they could do because I received benefit from the transaction (meaning I got my bill paid) I stated it was an unauthorized transaction amount that was sent through my bank.

I'm in the process of contacting the licensing agency for which ACS gets there license and the Texas Attorney General.

99eb0f1d, 2008-06-25, 05:55PM CDT

I am in the same boat as you and i have lost a good amount with no return in transactions. if you could contact me i would greatly appreciate it!

Cherrs

Taylor

3e6c33ca, 2008-10-31, 10:48PM CDT

I have been receiving calls over and over from these people(ACS), I continue to receive automated messages. I checked me voice mail, I had 39 messages ATLEAST 20 were from them ATLEAST. It's regarding some lady name Pamela Miller. I probably get 2-3 messages a day and no telling how many calls because, I work outside of home most of the day, so I'm not able to receive these calls directly. STop calling me ACS!!! I feel your pain, keep your head up.

957d11a0, 2009-02-18, 07:44PM CST

Hey, Hey Hey, Anthony hung up on me!!! when I asked them if he ever Googled his company and mentioned the BBB. People don't fall for this scum. Contact a reputable consumer advice company to take care of your debt issues. Best wishes to all and get informed.