Manpower, Inc. of Albany Georgia

Posted on Sunday, December 26th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 1a79ca41

Company: Manpower, Inc. of Albany Georgia

Manpower, Inc. of Albany Georgia

I took a job working for Manpower. Inc. Their rep (Lisa Thomas) told me that the salary would be $24.78 per hour (I am a chemist). After three weeks of work I received my first pay check and noticed that it was calculated at the rate of only $18.20 per hour.

I contacted Manpower about the difference. After their investigation Lisa Thomas called me back and told me that there had been a miscommunication between her and their Atlanta office. When she inquired about my salary they told her the contract price that their client (Miller Brewing) was paying to Manpower.

Ms. Thomas then quoted that figure to me as my salary. This difference of $6.58 per hour works out to more that $1000 per month, not counting overtime. Ms. Thomas and I signed an agreement which stated the $24.87 salary figure. This agreement also stated that it could not be changed unless both parties agreed in writing. For the next few weeks I received several threatening Emails from the Manpower office in Atlanta saying that I would be terminated if I did not agree to the lower salary. Three weeks later I did agree and was fired the next day. John S Leesburg Georgia 31763

Kathy S

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_71370# Consumer