WAL-MART STYLE HAIR SALON

Posted on Tuesday, December 21st, 2004 at 12:00am CST by d1d76d48

Company: WAL-MART STYLE HAIR SALON

WAL-MART STYLE HAIR SALON

DEAR STYLE HAIR SALON,

I WENT TO WAL-MART SAT. DEC. 18,2004 TO GET MY HAIR COLORED AND CUT . LET ME TELL YOU THIS WAS ONE OF THE WORST HAIR CUTS THAT I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY WHOLE LIFE. THE GIRL PUT A THERMAL BOOST ON AND PLACED ME UNDER THE DRYER FOR 25MIN. THEN SHAMPOO AND STARTED TO CUT , I AS FOR IT TO BE CUT ABOUT 1IN ON TOP AND LAYERD UP THE BACK, SHORT. SHE CUT IT STRAIGTH ACROSS THE NAP OF THE NECKAND THE NEXT LAYER WAS CUT STRAIGHT ACROSS SHORTER THAN THE NAPE.

THEN SHE STARTED WITH THE COLOR WHICH WAS SUPPOSE TO BE CHAMPAGNE BLONDE, WHICH IT IS NOT . THEN SHE PALCED THE CAP ON MY HEAD, IT STARTED TO BURN MY SCALP, BUT SOMETIMES COLOR DOES THAT I TOLD HER, AFTER THE HEAD HAS BEEN SCRUBBED HARD WHILE SHAMPOO, THEN SHE PLACED ME UNDER THE DRYER, MOW MIND I AM ALREDAY BURNNING, AFTER ABOUT 5 NIN I CAME OUT , I WAS ON FIRE, IT FELT LIKE, I SAT THERE WITH THE COLOR ON FOR 30MIN. PASS THE TIME TO WASH IT OFF, WHILE SHE ROLLED THIS LADY'S HAIR THAT HAD SAT WITH THE THERMAL BOAST ON HER HEAD FOR 1HR.

THEN IF ALL THAT WASN'T BAD ENOUGH SHE BURNED MY HEAD 3 TIMES WHILE USING THE HOT IRON. WHEN I GOT OUT OF THERE I WENT SHOPPING AND PEOPLE WERE LAUGHING AT ME, YES I DID SEE MY HAIR AFTER EVERYTHING WAS OVER, FOR A SEC.

WHEN I GOT HOME MY HUSBAND ASK WHAT HAD HAPPEN, YOUR CUT IT BAD HE SAID, AND YOU LOOK LIKE ELVIS, MY SIDE BURN WERE AS LONG AS THEY WERE WHEN I WENT IN AND THE REST OF THE HAIR WAS SHORT.

NOW AS I REALLY LOOK, MY HAIR IS BURNT ALL THE WAY TO THE SCALP. ITS LIKE I HAVE BEEN IN A FIRE. I KNOW NOTHING CAN BE DONE, IT WILL HAVE TO GROW OUT, BUT LET ME SAY AS I WILL HAVE TO WARE A HAT ALL CHRISTMAS.

I WILL NEVER GO TO ONE OF YOUR SALON'S AGAIN, AND YOU CAN REST ASURE THAT EVERYONE THAT WILL LISTEN I HAVE TOLD THEM ABOUT WHERE I GOT THIS DONE.

YOU SHOULD CHECK YOUR PLACES OUT THAT ARE SELLING YOUR PRODUCTS, IT LOOKS BAD ON YOU.

THANKS FOR LISTEN,

LINDA P

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_71570# Consumer

70988fc2, 2007-11-29, 04:26PM CST

The same thing happend to me. I am already blond, and my roots are just slightly darker than my hair. I went in for a trim and to get my roots to match. The girl cut 6 inches off of my hair and then she bleached my roots... in the end it did NOT match at all. I went in the next day to ask if they could fix it... It was a different lady. She made it WORSE. My scalp was on fire, and now my hair is so white & neon yellow, it might glow in the dark. (But only the top,because they only colored the roots.) It's the most horrible experience I've ever had. I'm going to have to pay HUGE money to get it fixed.

Do you know how to contact their corporate office?

26379c9d, 2007-12-21, 08:37AM CST

i hate to tell you. its the stylist not the salon. my family has been going for years. and let me tell you. i have gotten plenty of compliments. so dont blame the company. its the stylist

61706f70, 2008-01-02, 06:32AM CST

Well, well well. One bad seed does not mean the salon and business as a whole is bad. I have never had a complaint from any of the salons I have been to. Blame it on the hairdresser, not the company!!

Oh and next time, spell check! They probably didn't finish the first paragraph of your complaint because it is so improperly written!!! And neither did I!!

59aa3771, 2008-02-09, 11:44PM CST

You have so many spelling and grammar mistakes it's hard to take you seriously. EVERY company is going to have some bad stylists, but that doesn't mean the entire company is bad. Sheesh.

409102fa, 2008-03-27, 06:33PM CDT

Funny, I was looking for the name of the Salon at Walmart that recently cut my hair like crap, so I could complain but insted the first thing I come across is another complaint.

I learned the hard way as well. I complained at the shop and Im calling when I can track down a number. They should really try and employ people who actually know how to cut hair.

By the way, , your typos and spelling dont bother me, , I wasnt reading it to correct your grammer. Better luck on the next hair style.

a1663111, 2008-03-29, 03:38PM CDT

I only called to find out the combined price of a hair cut and a straightening, and the lady confused me thoroughly, and without a proper clarification curtly cut the line.

bcbd3b69, 2008-06-12, 11:49PM CDT

Couldn't you get exstentions? Even though it might cost some money. it might of been better then getting laughed at.

I am sorry.

That is why i go to my step mom she has her own business and does a wonderful job. Most people at walmart go to beauty school for a year. and my stepmom got a degree. Try to find a privete hair salon like that.

9be47b77, 2008-06-20, 05:07PM CDT

I hate to say it b/c I personally don't like Walmart Salons (overcrowded and understaffed), but this kind of experience can happen anywhere. I went to an Arden Spa once for an expensive haircut and the stylist didn't listen to a word I said. I left looking like an Asian Rosie O'Donnell with tons of styling products on my head made for dry hair (I have extremely oily hair) and looked like an oil saturated Q-tip within 30 minutes. Another prominent hair salon didn't check on my highlights, which were supposed to be a medium brown, and I ended up with platinum streaks in my dark brown hair. Yet another stylist who rented a chair from one of the most posh salons in town constantly talked on the phone WHILE she was styling my hair and ended up scorching me with the hairdryer and literally burning the back of my neck with the curling iron...twice. In a time-pinch, I once got a cut from Walmart and though it was a little uneven, it didn't turn out half as bad as some of the more expensive establishments.

a1753ba4, 2008-06-25, 05:03PM CDT

I agree that it is the stylist and not the salon, but... people associate everything in a Wal-Mart store with Wal-Mart. I used to take my daughter to the salon in a Wal-Mart store close to our house and, let me tell you, the stylist was awful. She took 3 or 4 hours to do a job that should have taken 45 minutes, tried to charge me a different price for the same service everytime, and literally did a hack job on my daughter's hair. In addition to being just a crappy stylist, she discussed things with my 16-year old daughter that no so-called professional had any business talking about with a client. Needless to say, I found another stylist for my daughter.

d7fd155f, 2008-07-10, 11:19PM CDT

The person worried about grammer must be the Walmart associate or even better the stylist at Walmart

554c2964, 2008-07-23, 10:21AM CDT

It is definatley they stylists fault and not the "salon". I have followed my stylist for years and she is currently working there. I will see her and her only becuase I trust her. It makes sense to do the same....

1030220d, 2008-09-23, 08:15AM CDT

I went in to the salon at the walmart i worked in several years back. I went in for a perm, I requested that they use the larger rollers so my hair is not the tight curls, she did not when my perm was done she washed my hair and blew dryed it, what ever she did to my hair made me platnium blonde and I am a dark burnette, I walked out of the store with out a perm and my hair was fried. It took me years to grow my hair out just to cut the mess out. She was a young stylist, that salon company has a habit of hiring people that do not know what they are doing so yes you could blame the company as well. it seems like this store/branch/company has alot of complaints. And for those who are siding with the chain, I am guessing you work for them?? Why dont you get your hair done by someone who does not know what they are doing and you come out looking like a fool, and then they charge you for the screw up that they are. I would not let them cut my dogs hair. lol

b254e504, 2008-10-02, 10:10AM CDT

I routinely go to a walmart salon and the stylist i see is FANTASTIC. I used to go to a hoity toity, $50 a haircut place and always walked away unhappy. It's our responsibility to ensure that we are communicating properly. If you're unhappy, say something then, not gripe online about it.

b727aed6, 2008-11-17, 11:16AM CST

I had exactly the same experience in Waterford CT. Chemicals put on my hair that were supposed to be in for 10 min (I asked after they began burning)while the technician tried to answer the phone, cut and style other heads.

When you go to and pay a company for a service that you can perform yourself it is for their added knowledge, expertise, skill, tools and time that are supposed to leave you better than when you came in. When you receive nothing but sad stares, shocked sadness over the destruction of your full head of healthy hair you can never be recompensated for what it takes years to regrow in length what was destroyed in 1 hour of incompetance.

It is clear that other stylists may feel unjustly criticized, however, an establishment is responsible for making sure that every individual under its helm maintains the company standard and is capable of applying all products and techniques at a level of quallity. Also, there is poor management, not enough staff on when long term-long care(dangerous)products are put on hair. These outlets have no certificates in public view that state that their "stylists" are even duly licensed or what school/training they have attended.

I think the writer made herself and her hurt clear. It is immature and evasive of responsibility to try to redirect focus to grammatical errors when the point is consumer complaints for poor workmanship.

If you took your car to a service center and it came out worse than when you put it in and you paid; you would complain about the establishment. You complain about the FOOD at a restaurant not the chef. It is up to the restaurant to insure the chef is putting out eatable food.

I was happy to see this complaint line against the salons in Walmart. When I tried to get through to the establishment's HQ I was ignored. This is an unprofessional chain and I believe it will soon loose its contract with Walmart due to its shoddy work product.

It is clear that many people who have rebuttled here are shills for the salon. The complainant was thoughtful and direct with her complaint whereas many who have not been harmed are personally attacking her.

I stand by her complaint because I have my own very similar one to submit.

Cracks about spell check are unwarranted since we are consigned to write in a little constraining box sans spellcheck.

283085fb, 2008-11-22, 10:49AM CST

WOW, where did you learn English? There are a ton of errors in this. You either need to learn how to type or go back to 5th grade English classes.

b016851d, 2008-12-07, 12:23PM CST

I agree it is the stylist, but I have been to several different Wal-Mart salons in AZ.....no luck. They butched my neices hair. I would stay away, they are not experienced or they are just burnt out. Find yourself a decent hairdresser and stick with it. OR always ask for the manger or owner to do your hair.

ebd606d8, 2008-12-10, 08:19PM CST

Quite recently I went to Wal*mart's salon to get my hair cut. I specifically stated that I wanted the front peices tappered to frame my face and side bangs. NO lengh was to be taken off the back.

The stylist asked me if I wanted a shampoo,I said yes, and that is all I got, no conditioner. I have rather long hair and no conditioner means a rats nest. She was litterally jerking my head around trying to brush it all out.

Then the worst, she cut it. Remember, how I said earlier "no cutting off the back?" The stylist took half my hair from the back and cut over half the length off and preceeded with putting layers on the sides. Then bangs she chopped so short I can't do anything with them. They are an inch short if not less.

To finish off this this swful cut, I asked her to dry it. For an additional fee of $6,and I would have to wait she took care of another customer that wasn't even there yet. I declined and walked around Wal*mart with soaking wet hair seeing as I still ad shopping to do.

I am very thankful reading that I was not the only one with complaints, granted some are worse than others. I am very greatful that I decided against the dying as seeing what has happened to others.

I called to make my complaint known but no one would pick up. I am still looking for a number to the corporate office.The salon is only as good as the stylists. I will never go back there for anything ever again. Not only did I waste money but now I either can wait for this to all grow out or chop it all off to one length and that would be losing over 12 inches

Thankyou to everyone that voices their complaints, its nice to know I'm not alone.

As for the comments on grammer, the point of these is not the grammer but what we have to say.

a6dcd8d2, 2009-01-06, 11:49AM CST

In my opinion, I think I would have lost myself in that place if it were to have happened to me. It makes you wonder how in the world they got their license. I pray that not only did you refuse to tip but pay for the torture too!! With my short fuse I probably would have hurt somebody in that place!! So, sorry to here about something like this, and around the holidays. Shame on you Smart Style!!

Linda Z.

a6dcd8d2, 2009-01-06, 11:55AM CST

I unfortunately still fail to understand the stupid comment about the grammar and lack of education. Instead of concentrating on the persons writing skills and grammar, maybe YOU should take a lesson on compassion and manners!

You wouldn't by any chance work for Smart Style would you????

Linda Z

a6dcd8d2, 2009-01-06, 12:05PM CST

Another English major...You people must obviously either work for the Salon or are related to someone employed there. What stupid cheap shots with the grammar. I agree with the writer that commented on trying to keep the readers focused away from the main objective. Smart style needs to send their employees back to school!!! And in case the English major is wondering...I'm not knocking all of the stylists there. I'm a customer who frequents there often and always ask for the same stylist.

Linda Z

55874ef8, 2009-02-26, 10:09AM CST

wowzerz!Can't believe that they did that to you..!When I went to do my hair there at wal-mart it actually went great though..The color came out the way I wanted too..So I think it's just depend on who does your hair only..

1984f25d, 2009-06-20, 10:18PM CDT

I actually had a bad experience at the Walmart hair salon today and we did not even get service! We walked up to the salon and no one said a word to us, so my husband signed in. We sat there for 45 minutes and this girl spent the entire time cutting one little girls head who was sitting very still. We finally got up and left because we couldn't sit there and watch her anymore, you could tell she was taking her sweet time because she did not want to help another customer.

My husband and I did some shopping and as we were leaving she was still cutting the same little girl's hair (this was about an hour and 45 minutes after we had walked in the store). Guess they didn't want our business, I found a place to do my hair for 10 dollars more then what they would have charged me and probably a lot better. My husband even got a free haircut because it was Father's Day.

0ee0293e, 2009-07-08, 03:26PM CDT

I had the hardest time taking anything you just said seriously because of all the errors.. next time you try to complain about someones work, do it correctly. And personally, I think they do a pretty decent job. Maybe it's just you. Ever think about that?

37850044, 2009-08-23, 10:29PM CDT

I Most certainly think that walmart has very good salons, it is crucial that you talk to the stylist to make sure they know what they are doing. make sure you ask the stylist how long she/he has been doing hair and or outside of beauty school.It all depends on the stylist and how smart of a consumer you are.

I personally love the current walmart salon i go to, and also these salons are not owned by walmart, they are independantly owned. You Pick the stylist not the other way around!

5b2faa8f, 2009-09-08, 11:40AM CDT

I too did not really get understand what you had said since there were so many errors. I have more good experiences at Walmart's hair salon than any other hair place. They did a good job!

42c74387, 2009-09-16, 11:02AM CDT

well,i agree with you,my mom is sitting in the walmart hair salon as we speak,she just called to say she is running an hour behind because it took this woman over a hour to roll her hair which is very short,that she kept answering the phone chatting and chatting with people walking by so she kept stopping. Something should really been done about this its just the people that work thier think they can get away with anything,,but yes i agree,complain and them get online at home and complain straight to the company if possible.

a1f180ab, 2009-10-18, 09:15AM CDT

ANYONE having trouble reading this complaint has got to be ILLITERATE. Sure, there are grammatical errors. However "YOUR ability to read" should allow you to compensate for the errors and comprehend what you are reading. If a fifth grader can read this complaint with clear comprehension and YOU ADULTS CAN'T, maybe YOUR fifth graders should be reading for you. You are ADULTS......RIGHT?????

cfcb42b6, 2009-11-23, 01:51PM CST

You have to understand that events like this are not necessarily the business's fault. It sounded to me you were served by someone who either A. was new on the job or B. simply didn't care about her work. I have gotten haircuts at Wal-Mart and sometimes they're decent cuts, and sometimes they're not so good. I am surprised you had such a hellish one and i hope to God you complained right away to a manager at the specific store. Because complaining online wont really fix anything, making sure the individual problem is corrected will.

But having a bad hair cut is something you risk, so when you find someone who does a good job, make it personal, be friendly, ask what their hours are, most stylists are happy to even leave a card with their number if it means having a faithful customer. If all else fails, maybe it's worth paying more, but more expensive service doesn't always mean the stylist will care as much as someone who charges less.

ad5ff5c9, 2009-11-28, 03:25PM CST

i have had a really bad hair cut from there and so has one of my family members.. it was terrible.. neither of us has been back their since..

dc2df068, 2009-12-26, 03:18PM CST

I always say, "You get what you pay for".... Pay cheap, get cheap and if you want quality, then dont worry so much about the quantity of money!

4c9a682a, 2009-12-31, 11:46AM CST

I went to Walmart (Oakland, TN Store) yesterday to get a hair cut. The last time I was there, a young man cut my hair and did a wonderful job. Yesterday a young girl was there and showed her a picture of what I wanted done. She agrred she could do it and sat me down. After turning me FROM the mirror, she proceeded to cut...she chopped my hair SO short, it can't even be cleaned up for a while.....it was absolutely nothing like a 'normal' haircut. The shop manager came and and did her best to repair it and even attempted to curl it. My hair will take months to grow out...its an complete mess and too short to do much with. And YES, the company is to blame, they hire anyone who walks in.

86b30ecf, 2010-02-13, 01:16AM CST

I had pretty much the same experience. They love that "thermal boost", too bad they have no clue how to use it. I have very long hair and I had the "manager" give me a perm. What a joke! She wrapped it so loose and haphazardly that I did not end up with one curl. I paid 125.00 for a crazy sloppy mess. Since I signed a waiver saying my hair was in good condition I waived my rights to a professional job. WALMART SALONS.... WHAT A JOKE. Obviously they just hire the loosers who cant get a job at a real salon.

86066e43, 2010-04-01, 10:49PM CDT

OMG,I'm so happy i looked up the store before going. I looked up the hairdressing store with complimants, thats definately NOT what I found I found insults to the place.I was going to go get my hair done, dyed, and trimmed im so happyed i looked it up now i can spare my self LOL i hope everyone who had a bad expiernce gets their hair back to the way it was or better atleast.Good Luck at finding a better stylist.

172ce679, 2010-04-02, 07:28AM CDT

I called on the day of my sons wedding to the Noblesville Indiana salon, when my regular styalist was ill, for an up-do. She told me she had no idea how to do one. Really? She told me she had been doing hair fo 20 years and had never done one. I asked if someone else could do it, she put me on hold and told me that nobody knew how to do one. I found a fantastic lady to do it and after these reviews I'm glad I did. These are the hairdressers nobody else will hire.

617fa207, 2010-04-10, 01:50PM CDT

Ohhhhh please dont go there! They do a horrible job! I went to the one in Yorktown VA. The guy cut both of my childrens hair and they both came out bad. i asked him to fix my sons because it was uneven and he said " How old is he again?" Like that was an excuse??? He sat still and thats all that mattered!

f94db998, 2010-04-22, 01:39PM CDT

I think its very funny what happend. You shouldnt exspect something amazing from someone youve never had do your hair. Personally I had the bestcut, color, and style at the Silvis,IL Walmart. I give them kudos. So maybe you should just check refrences before having something like your hair done. dummy.

71379535, 2010-06-17, 11:47AM CDT

calm down i got my hair cut there and nothing bad happened it was jsut the lady that day ihave gotten all myhair cuts there sooo i mean i went to a other salon once brooklyns cuts or something like that and it was horrible i wore my hair in a ponytale forr uhm months possibly a year until it grew bak so i could cut it in a better way so a bad hair cut will happen to everyone its not the salons fault its who ever is cutting your hairs fault and i have gotten it dyed at walmart and nothing happpened that wasnt soppose too just try to get someone who has had a lot of expirience go again and make sure you dont get the same lady and if you dont and all goes well next time you go ask for the same lady its pretty simple no need to diss people or places' !

4213597a, 2010-10-12, 08:57PM CDT

i agree, i got a horrible hair cut today Oct.12,2010..there is something wrong with people who work there, they don't even know how to do a simple bob cut, i brought a picture so she couldn't have a mistake or misunderstanding...still this girl supposed to cut my hair up to my lips and she did up to my ears...there is nothing i can do only wait ...thanks god i didn't color my hair..so please don't go to this place...they are no professionals...This place is inside Wal-mart in Orlando Turkey Lake Rd.

1486c9a8, 2010-11-16, 02:15PM CST

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE CARE IF THEY'RE SPELLING THINGS CORRECTLY OR NOT?! THIS IS A WEBSITE TO COMPLAIN, NOT A SPELLING TEST! YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GET OVER IT IF SOMEONE DIDN'T SPELL SOMETHING THE WAY IT SHOULD BE! JESUS CHRIST.

3a20df7b, 2011-01-05, 09:49AM CST

Thank you I was just about to go get my hair done there like next week. I looked up the price and found your complant I'm defrocking going somewhere else