DHL lost my package

Posted on Saturday, December 18th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 423260a0

Company: DHL lost my package

DHL lost my package

DHL lost my package shipped from Flushing, New York to Sterling, Virginia and failed to even contact me! The tracking number was 9341708983. I desire that DHL reimburse me the cost of the package contents $640 plus the cost of the shipping, $62 - totally $702. On December 2, 2004 a friend sent me a package from Flushing, New York (where he lives) to Sterling, Virginia (where I live) via DHL. The package contained Chinese medicine worth $640 and weighed 34 lbs. It was sent from a packaging store (Mailboxes N Beyond) that handles UPS, Fedex, and DHL. He paid $62 for 2nd day delivery. But I never received the package. When I called DHL on December 7, I found out that the package was never delivered to me because when the DHL station at my area got the package, it was too damaged to be delivered according to the supervisor at the station. He therefore destroyed the package. I was so shocked by this. How could a 34 lb package of Chinese medicine be too damaged to be delivered when the distance from Flushing, NY to Sterling, VA is only a 5 hour drive? It was either due to no or insufficient packaging or extremely careless handling. I have been having this same amount of Chinese medicine sent to me monthly from Flushing since July. The other times the medicine was sent through UPS, and I received it fine. This time, the first and only time it was sent through DHL, DHL lost my package. DHL lost it and didn’t even contact anyone. DHL must improve its services, or the word of mouth of unsatisfied customers will bring DHL’s revenue down as I have found numerous complaints against DHL on the Internet. I desire that DHL reimburse me the cost of the medicine and the cost of the shipping -totally $702. Joanne T Sterling, Virginia Joanne T

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_71643# Consumer

3bcbce8e, 2009-07-24, 02:44PM CDT

DHL demonstrate incompetence...

They put over ??80k worth of lost goods through an auction and only got a couple of quid for it!

As well, a Sky TV promotional stand with Sky Uniform - great for creating security risks.

Also, Jimmy Choo London Store carrier bags - useful for passing off fake shoes and bags.

Check out the blog at:

28af5573, 2009-11-26, 04:08PM CST

DHL are the worst global courier, never ever send through them specially to India as their Indian subsidiary is so corrupt that they will hold your shipment in the name of custom and then demand bribery. I will soon be creating a blog just for them so that everyone can post their grievence and also take legal action.

15f8e4eb, 2010-01-05, 02:05AM CST

DHL Sent my bank letter to irrelevant person and Discloses my Personal Information

HBSC sent me a package with track number 4128964490. HSBC also put a wrong telephone number on it.

According to DHL China,800-810-8000, ext 6702, on 31 December 2009, their delivery day, they found nobody in (despite the fact that I had been in for the whole day),so they called the wrong number, and had been instructed to send the parcel to another household and the parcel had been signed for by Zhu Lianglin.

DHL did NOT even check with the person who answers the phone call whether he knows anybody with a surname Wang, they simply delivered to another address. Thanks to their behavior, all my personal information from the bank has been released to this Zhu Liang Lin, who made no attempts to return the document to DHL or myself in over a week. Well done!