Musicmatch needs better fine print

Posted on Friday, December 17th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by 7463d6ba

Company: Musicmatch needs better fine print

Musicmatch needs better fine print

I have a complaint, on the webpage showing features for Musicmatch Jukebox plus 10 (http://www.musicmatch.com/download/plus/jukebox_intro.htm?OS=pc&MODE=input&BTD=1&DID=) it states "Now comes with a free year of Radio Gold". It also gives the ** for condition. Under the ** it states simply (**offer available to new and inactive subscribers only). Okay I am not a current subscriber, I purchased "All future upgrades" so I'll go ahead an do this. The free year does not "come with" (even though it states it "now comes with") Musicmatch Jukebox Plus 10, it ONLY comes with (and it doesn't say this on the website ANYWHERE) the purchase of a NEW Musicmatch Jukebox Plus 10 Key. So all the suckers that put the EXTRA $$ into owning all future versions are inelligible for the service promotion.

They can get a free week trial, after which they will begin charging your Credit Card as soon as the trial is up. Or they can save some $$ and purchase a new CD key for $19.99 and get the free YEAR of Radio Gold (a $35.00 value), thus saving $15.00. Tim the Customer service representive attempted to explain it to me. According to him the word "NOW" means "PURCHASE". He also states it is a promotional period, yet I find no expiration date for this period, nor is it at any time referred as a promotion, it just says those 3 words "now comes with". He even tried using cars to give it better perspective.

Think of it this way, if a Ford dealership told you that Ford cars now come with an airbag, this does not in any way whatsoever imply that an old 1960 Ford car can get a free airbag installed by the dealership.

I am not expecting an airbag installed to my Old 1960 Ford (Musicmatch 9), I am upgrading to a new 2004 mustang (Musicmatch 10) and you better believe I expect airbags in that sucker!

Here is where we differ in defination, I purchased an "All future versions" package to insure I had the "newest features". "Now comes with" implies a new feature, it is listed under "What's new in Musicmatch Jukebox Plus". Tim on the other hand says "Now comes with" really means "Purchase comes with". It COMPLETELY ignores the ** condition, which says nothing about previous ownership or upgrade abilities only that it is available to new subscribers ONLY. I get everything else on the page, even the Tech support, which was completely ignored by Tim. Maybe by posting my complaint here will get some satisfaction, or maybe they will at least include a proper disclaimer on the website.

Falameezer

PS please forward a copy to COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_69236# and since they are being purchased by Yahoo, why not send a copy to them as well. Unfortunately I was unable to locate an e-mail address, but here is the physical address and phone #.

Street Address Yahoo! Inc.

701 First Avenue

Sunnyvale, California 94089

Phone (408) 349-3300

Fax (408) 349-3301

Office Hours 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST

Falameezer

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_71664# Consumer