Maytag Neptune Washer

Posted on Thursday, December 16th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by a9844d48

Company: Maytag Neptune Washer

We have been married 39 years and have only purchased Maytag washers and dryers because of their reputation for having top quality products and have always been very satisfied up until now. We purchased a Neptune Washer on Nov. 5, 1998.

We have a problem now that it will not spin the clothes dry. We called for Maytag service and were charged $79.50 to be told that the repair would be over $500.00 and their Maytag service person told me that the washer was not worth fixing as there were other problems with this washer that would also soon go wrong. Searching Consumer Reports I found that this model washer had numerous very bad problems. All I want is some type of rebate assistance with purchasing a new Maytag Washer. When I called Maytag all they gave me was a run around and they told me they would be breaking federal law (!!!???) to help me as there had been a class action settlement.

That settlement would do me no good as I need a new washer now and no claims will be paid until summer 2005 and I would have to fix my current defective washer to make a claim. All I want is for Maytag to take care of their customer - me!!! I can tell you this. If I'm not taken care of I will never buy another Maytag product and will certainly tell others never to buy Maytag as they won"t take care of their customers or stand behind their products.

Douglas G P