Erie Insurance Property Claims

Posted on Wednesday, December 15th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by a64f0e3d

Company: Erie Insurance Property Claims

Erie Insurance Property Claims

Erie Insurance Company

We filed a property insurance claim for water damage. They took three months to deny the claim, finally saying it was a mold claim which was not covered. I proved to them that mold had occurred directly as a consequence of the underground water leak and had occurred within a span of 90 days.

While the company dragged their feet on settling our claim, I repaired all of the damage myself for about $1200. Once they denied the claim, Erie Insurance then proceeded to make sure that our history showed that we had filed a property insurance claim, so that we would have difficulty obtaining new property insurance coverage.

Moral of the story: we've paid property insurance premiums for twenty years without filing a single claim...and when insurance was needed, Erie did not come through.

How DARE we consumers file claims! Isn't that what insurance is for?

Dean C

Cincinnati, OH

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_70661# Consumer

Charles B., 2013-01-10, 09:20PM CST

That is so ridiculously how unfairly your insurance company treated you. I hope you were able to switch to a different company. It can sometimes be a little tough to find good <a href="http://www.backusinsuranceoh.com/services">insurance in Cincinnati OH</a>, but it's definitely out there and there is no need to settle for being taken advantage of like that!