Cox Communications is a RIPOFF

Posted on Saturday, December 11th, 2004 at 12:00am CST by a9d4d2a9

Company: Cox Communications is a RIPOFF

Cox Communications is a RIPOFF

I began subscribing to Cox Communications cable television about three months ago and they NEVER once bothered to send a bill to me until this week! They even had the audacity to cut my cable off on Sunday, November 28, 2004 without warning!!!! When I first contacted, Cox, their automaticed recording didn't even recognize my phone number and STILL doesn't. When I spoke with a technical assistant thinking that my service was out, the person couldn't even find my name, phone number nor address anywhere in the system. He said he'd phone me back but when he failed to do so four hours later, I phoned Cox back. This time I was told that my service was disconnected because of none payment!! I told Sean that a PROFESSIONAL service would have contacted me by phone or letter to warn me first.

He claimed that they had sent me a letter. I stated that if they had honestly sent me a letter, I would have gotten it and the bills to which Sean replied, "I'm not in billing." I obtained the phone number and the name of Sean's supervisor in billing, and left a message for Mike Rasmus. I never spoke with Mike but I spoke with someone else after contacting the headquarters in Atlanta to make a complaint against Cox and their unprofessional service. Someone by the name of Steph or something like that phoned me and claimed that he'd waive the reconnection fee if I paid the 61.00 at the same time, I'd have to pay a total of $95.00 If he was really waiving a reconnection fee, he wouldn't even try to charge me an additional $33 if all I owe is $61.00.

Then, last Tuesday, December 7, 2004 the most incompetent employee of Cox, Eva, phoned me and had the audacity to say that it's "my" responsibility to pay my bill and that I should complain to the post office about not receiving my bills!!! I told the idiot that it's only my responsibility to pay my freakin' bill when I receive my bill! And that it's HER responsibility to have the common sense to put the correct name on my bill so that I can get it!!!! I'm not responsible for what the post office does when its the fault of the negligence of incompetent employees at Cox. I just reviewed

http://www.badbusinessbureau.com/ and found that Cox Communications has ripped off lots of people. Complaints have been filed against Cox from parts of AZ, VA, OK, even Iowa, FL, GA and CA. Something needs to be done about this company to stop them from ripping people off.

Marcy P Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_70785# Consumer

d0dfda9d, 2008-03-31, 12:45PM CDT

I have complained about the poor service while being away from home for several years now. I am obviously a patient man. I am not allowed to use my email client to send emails but required to use their poorly designed webmail interface. My complaints only fall on deaf ears.

For the past week now I have not been able to send or reply to an email.

this has lost me a great deal of money in the interum. When I attempt to rectify the problem I either get hung up on or get told "well sir, you must be spamming or sending inappropriate emails." My emails are in response to work or replies to family or friends.

Shame on you Cox. As much as I hate it I think I will swithch to AT&T for all of my services and reduce my bill by $50USD a month and get the TWO! free cell phones as well....

Ciao

c458eec9, 2008-10-06, 12:06PM CDT

Oh God whatever you do steer clear of AT&T they will place bogus charges on your account and demand you pay them with no proof on their part of why you owe the charges..they tried to make me pay $400 on a closed account I had with Bell South prior to AT&T taking it over..when I refused to pay them any extortion money, they disconnected my 80 year old Mothers phone service without warning leaving her stranded with no way to get help if she fell or became ill..go with Verizon instead..

f61e660a, 2009-09-26, 12:04AM CDT

Cox communications is a RIPOFF to advertisers also...They cut off advertisements a few seconds BEFORE the ad ends and switch to another ad and cut that one off to play their OWN ads before programming resumes...and everyone knows what a SECOND of television advertising costs........Once you notice this, you begin to notice it ALL THE TIME !

59f82d11, 2010-04-26, 03:52PM CDT

I HAVE HAD COX FOR 5 YEARS, AND NO MATTER WHEN I PAY MY BILL THEY CHARGE ME A LATE FEE. WHEN I CALL AND ASK THEM ABOUT IT THEY JUST GIVE ME ANSEWER THAT MAKES NO SINCE AT ALL. LAST MONTH I EVEN CALLED AHEAD ON THE DAY I WAS GOING TO PAY MY BILL, AND THE LADY TOLD ME I WOULD NOT GET A LATE FEE.WHEN I GOT MY BILL FOR THIS MONTH I HAD ANOTHER LATE FEE. I THINK THEY ARE THE BIGGEST RIP OFF EVER, NO WONDER THEY ARE LOOSING SO MANY CUSTOMERS. THEY'RE NOT EVEN TRYING TO COMPETE. AND BY THE WAY THEIR PHONE SERVICE SUCKS, IT WENT OUT SOMETIMES TWICE A WEEK.

bad4da15, 2013-10-15, 08:27PM CDT

Well it began on Friday night when my mom decided to purchase internet service. We called the sales department and placed an order and paid the 30 dollar install fee. We were then told that we would have service the next day, Saturday. I call on Saturday to make sure that the service is hooked up. No you are scheduled for Sunday, i was told. No we were told it would be today, so the rep says I will send form to get it escalated. I then asked to speak to a supervisor . That's when the fun begins. Ryan a sales "supervisor" then informs me because of my previous bill, which i admit I did not pay, my mom could not get her service until i paid it or has to prove i don not live at her residence. Now when does my ssn and debt under that ssn belong to my mom. NEVER thats when. So needless to say after finally losing it on Ryan and several other sales "supervisors". My mom was forced to pay my bill.I was then promised by another "supervisor " Benny that my moms service would not be connected as promised Saturday but Sunday and if i didn't like he would cancel my moms work order and would make sure that she would not get her refund until 6 to 8 weeks. So come Sunday and about 100 calls later the tech finally shows up at 7 pm which is messed up, but I guess since my mom wasn't paying the 60 bucks for an in home install she gets shafted. Every "manager"/ "supervisor" stated that it was very simple to hook up outside the home and that's why it was taking so long. Really? If it is that simple would that be first? Needless to say after a couple of calls to COX Headquarters, I get a very nice call from Pat Esser 's , flunkie telling me that I interfering with business and that if I keep harassing them that i will be sent to corporate security and banned for life. Now i guess I am supposed to be scared but all this does strengthen my resolve to make life as unpleasant for this pissant and I will i promise you. I now realize why we could not get any assistant from these people because it starts at the top with the Pat Esser and rolls down hill to the underpaid rep. BAN ME FOR LIFE !!!!! I WILL NOT STOP!!!!