Posted on Saturday, August 7th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 63a7ca09

Company: Midwest Resorts, Edina, Minnesota - I received a call from Midwest Resorts indicating that I had won four free airline tickets, six rounds of golf, and a $25 Visa gift card. They obtained my name from a form I completed at the Southdale Mall for a boat dr

Midwest Resorts, Edina, Minnesota - I received a call from Midwest Resorts indicating that I had won four free airline tickets, six rounds of golf, and a $25 Visa gift card. They obtained my name from a form I completed at the Southdale Mall for a boat drawing sponsored by the company.

Midwest Resorts, Edina, Minnesota I received a call from Midwest Resorts indicating that I had won four free airline tickets, six rounds of golf, and a $25 Visa gift card. They obtained my name from a form I completed at the Southdale Mall for a boat drawing sponsored by the company.

I was told on the phone that if I attended a 90-minute presentation at the company's Edina office, the gifts would be mine, "no strings attached." I signed up for a presentation, but subsequently discovered from another post on this forum that there were in fact "strings attached" to Midwest Resorts' gift--namely, that in order to use the airline tickets, I would have to stay at a Midwest Resorts hotel.

I called the company to complain and cancel the presentation, and was informed by the person that I should have been told of this requirement on the phone. Given that another person has publicly posted an identical complaint about Midwest Resort's sales tactics, I'm skeptical that their sales people are actually required to disclose the hotel stay requirement. In any event, I'm filing a complaint with the Minnesota AG's office.

Leslie W

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //