Hewlett Packard - Hewlett Packard Computers - I purchased a HP 775e from my neighborhood Best Buy store back on July 17, 2003. After the first 6 months, the computer crashed. I telephoned your company and was sent 6 recovery disks which I used to getting it up and running

Posted on Saturday, August 7th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 96709d49

Product: Computer

Company: Hewlett Packard

Category: Computers, Software

I am copying and pasteing a letter I have decided to send to the business I am having problems and can't seem to resolve due to my stress level and health problems. If after reading it you can help me in any way, please email or call me. Thank you

TO: Hewlett Packard Computers

FROM: Jackie B

Dickinson, Texas 77539

281-337-5088

SUBJECT: Computer/ Customer Service Problems

I am writing this letter as a form of complaint both against

your company and the case worker assigned to assist me

with my computer problems.

I purchased a HP 775e from my neighborhood Best Buy store back on July 17, 2003. After the first 6 months, the computer crashed. I telephoned your company and was sent 6 recovery disks which I used to getting it up and running again.

Since that time, about 4 months later I began having similar problems with the computer only this time it was crashing as I tried to access the internet giving a "DNS server not available" message. This is when the ordeal of constantly calling for assistance. I was instructed to send my computer back to be repaired or replaced.

I did this on July 1, 2004 and got it back on July 12, 2004. It worked fine for one day, then crashed again. Eventually I was assigned to Roger ext.# 3903. He informed me I’d be getting a replacement computer.

On July, 3, 2004, Fed-Ex delivered the new Compaq Presario computer That was to replace my HP 775e. I called the 1-800 number as Instructed to register it.

After setting it up, I noticed I could not get any sound from it. I called Roger who in turn directed me back to the 1-800 number to get setup instructions. I spoke to Craig who gave me the case #7313139866 and after nearly forty minutes came to the conclusion this computer wouldn’t work with my existing speakers and advised me to call my case worker back.

When I called Roger back telling him of the support tech’s find, he began telling me how computers these days do not come with built-in speakers, the reason my new computer wasn’t send with the required speakers is that it is considered an accessory, and he thought that since I was getting a free computer, I’d certainly be able to afford a pair of speakers at any Walmart store for only $19.99.

When I rebutted him by stating computers do in fact come with speakers especially the ’custom-made HP ’ he was replacing, even if they didn't he was suppose to replace my computer with comparable/compatible equivalent whereby the speakers were included and working, and as far as whether or not I could afford the cost of speakers were not the issue….the principle was to receive merchandise that represented an equal and even swap, this transaction doesn’t do that. It was at this point in the conversation Roger became very angry, rude, and raised his voice as well as continue to talk down to me.

Because of my health problems which has rendered me disabled, I asked him to stop with this line of conversing because I was feeling ill. I then said I needed to hang up because I felt a seizure coming on…..and I did hang up. I don’t remember much else, except when my son came home and saw evidence of my having had a seizure….that is when I began to piece together the event of the earlier evening.

I contend that the stress of dealing with the many problems of the computer cummulating in the rude and awful behavior of Roger induced my seizure as well as further endangering my life since I was home alone.

After all of this, I still do not having a working computer even close to what I purchased. I will not be sending the old computer back until I am satisfied with the new one and/or decide what other measures I will take. Although I am not sure what I will do, I do know this should not have happened to me or anyone else and needs to stop. Customers should be valued and treated better.

Sincerely,

Jackie B

fa25bf9e, 2008-05-08, 09:13PM CDT

I need reboot disc #4 or a copy of it. do you have that, if so please write me at [email protected] they don't have this anymore.