Posted on Friday, August 6th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by b0be6def

Company: Sharp Microwave R1610 - the Sharp Microwave display quit working a month before. It was 1 year and 1 1/2 months since I brought the microwave.

Sharp Microwave R1610

Sharp Company. I just read where someone else had the same problem as I did with their Sharp Microwave R1610. I purchased the microwave from Lowe's as a Christmas gift to my mother who is retired on a fixed income before I was deployed to the gulf in the army.

When I returned a year later, I learned that the Sharp Microwave display quit working a month before. It was 1 year and 1 1/2 months since I brought the microwave. Once again after numerous menu options on the Sharp's comsumer service, I spoke with a human and was told "sorry, it is out of warranty". They wouldn't do anything about but recommend a repair shop in the area. There must be a defect in the 1600 series. I have noticed numerous compliants on this model. Don't buy from Sharp. As long as they are making the big bucks, they don't care about their customers. I had a older Sharp Microwave that has lasted for over 10 years so I thought I would get my mom one too, thinking it would last for years. Wrong. Not even one year. Sharp needs to realize there is a problem with their microwaves and fix it. Mike M

Mike M Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //

d0f672d6, 2008-07-03, 10:01PM CDT

I have had a similar problem with segments of the display not showing a year after I bought the oven and I lived with that all this time though it was a pain not seeing the feedbak clrealy on the display. Yesterday, 6 years after I bought the microwave oven, the heating stopped. I guess the magnetron or board failed but reparing is almost as expensive as buying a new one. Did not expect Sharp product to be so not lasting. Time for a new oven I guess. Definitely buying Sharp this time would not be a sharp decision.

04cbbc8c, 2008-08-04, 10:25PM CDT

My R1505 display stoppped working properly almost immediately after purchasing it. The regulator heated the PCB which vaporized the cheezy "metal" in the ribbon cable that connects to the actual display. I'll never buy Sharp junk again.