A-1 Sewer & Drain Plumbing & Heating, Inc. - A-1 Sewer & Drain Plumbing & Heating, Inc. - Called to repair toilet drain flange. Arrived without part required (flange) left going to business located 5 minutes away to get part.

Posted on Wednesday, September 1st, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by b70fe7f1

Company: A-1 Sewer & Drain Plumbing & Heating, Inc.

Location: 516 S. Military Hwy
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA, 23464

Category: Building, Construction

Returned over an hour later with part and then performed excessive, unneeded repair.

Labor charge listed as $247.00 based on time alone - this charge included $125.50 for time spent going to purchase required part which should have been on truck at time of initial arrival. Required numerous repeated telephone calls to talk to office manager.

Office manager verified that Labor was strictly based on time Manager also verified that they charge everyone for time spent going for parts and always need parts.

Manager also stated that $33.00 for part (sells at retail for $2.89 - Taylor's Do-It Center) was saving me money on part.

Eventually, after they received my complaint to the BBB (contacting the BBB was a waste of time!) manager called and asked what I felt was reasonable.

When I said $156.00 refund from total of $269.00 he left to check with owner.

Owner then called me and was abusive and cursing.

Credit card company phoned me later in the day and said I would have to accept the $125.00 refund which the company was agreeing to via phone call from Manager to Credit Card Co. I agreed.Company then called Credit Card Company, several days later, and refused any refund.

Credit card company still 'investigating'.

Art G

706a614e, 2009-07-10, 07:50PM CDT

if you want cheap ..do it yourself..

If you want a pro be prepared to pay or dont call us..we wont mind at all..